Allure Comedy shows?

Skippy

I am trying to book tickets for the comedy shows, but it’s not letting me select my kids. The rules say under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. I thought the comedy shows were family friendly? Is that not the case?

I am trying to book tickets for the comedy shows, but it’s not letting me select my kids. The rules say under 17 must be accompanied by an adult. I thought the comedy shows were family friendly? Is that not the case?

The comedy shows that you can reserve on line are the adult comedy shows. There is a family friendly comedy show in the theatre that you do not need reservations for.

The comedy shows that you can reserve on line are the adult comedy shows. There is a family friendly comedy show in the theatre that you do not need reservations for.

The comedy shows in the comedy club are adult only. There will be one comedy show with the same comedians in the main theater that will be family friendly. Reservations are not needed for that performance.

I'm sailing on the Oasis on July 15th. I have the same question as OP. The answers so far are historically correct, BUT now the Oasis has Stand Up Comedy in Comedy Live (1 hr show) AND Stand Up Comedy in Opal theater (45 min show) . There are 13 shows in each venue during the cruise. I can understand that Comedy Live was a very small venue, so many people could not get in. 13 shows in the Opal Theater is overkill in the other direction.

I also could not reserve seats for anyone under the age of 18.

I called RCCL support and got a person who seemed to be looking at the same web pages I could see. She put me on hold to supposedly talk to other support people, but they had no further information.

Hopefully others on Cruise Critic will have better luck determining what type of comedy will be held in each venue.

It used to be 2 comedy shows each night in the comedy club.

The first one was a bit tame the second more risque.

That changed years ago to them both being adult only.....and they check.

If you are easily offended by racial, gender, religious, political type jokes do not go.

Usually there are 2 comedians with one having a set monologue and the other more impromptu....sit in the front row at you own risk.....personally I find these shows hilarious..

The room itself is very small so they ask in the beginning if you might get offended to leave then as they do not want you to get up once they start.

They then would have a family friendly show in the main theater, usually on Friday which required no reservations.

Anyway, we go every year and that has been the pattern. We will be going again this September.

Very hard to get in by standby line as there are usually a few open seats but a very long line. I think they start letting that line in about 10 or 15 minutes before showtime so even with reservations, you might lose your spot if you do not show up before then.

If you are in a suite, you do not need reservations for the shows...this does NOT apply to the Comedy Club !

I still make reservations for everything just to try & stay organized. There are so many shows and they are not all shown throughout the week.

The water show is FANTASTIC....make that show reservation early in the week because it can get cancelled for many different reasons & then you have a chance to get another show time.

When I look more closely it gets more confusing. The comedy acts scheduled for the Opal Theater have numerous conflicts with Cats, Headliner, and Come Fly with Me. By my count only 4 of the 13 shows scheduled for the Opal Theater could occur without conflict.

I've seen this before where RC duplicates a schedule without checking for conflicts. When you get onboard they will tell you that you will be rescheduled, but that caused more problems when the reschedule conflicted with something else I had already reserved.

At this time I would suggest not scheduling any Comedy show in the main theater because of potential conflicts.

Thanks everyone. What you all said makes sense and the entertainment booking page wasn’t really clear.

I am also unsure which night How to Train Your Dragon is, so I am hoping that doesn’t throw a wrench in things that I already booked.