Attention Shoppers!!

Need some referrals on shopping in these ports, good, bad, etc. We will be sailing on the Carnival Magic in two weeks! I have not been to the two listed below and have some time set aside for walking around and shopping, if applicable in these ports. Any advice helps!

Costa Maya (Mahahual)

Mahogany Bay, Isla Roatan

Also does anyone know if Carnival still gives out the free drink coupons to returning guests? Or is it only for Gold, Platinum, and Diamond guests?

Thank you!

Mahagany Bay, prices on things like coffee about double of what they are downtown. Carnival owns the port and no shopping walkable and they know they have a captive group.

That being said, there are hand rolled cigars I brought home to some friends who said they were pretty good, something unusual. I like the black and white pottery that is made on the island, not too high priced. I got another fish last time and they have lots of wooden stuff for sale. If you want things like muscle relaxers or stomach stuff i get for my dad, its cheaper than cozumel but more than belize port,

The chocolate is great, and supposed to be good for your heart they sell in the port. I love it, but its about $20 a bag. beans.

coffee to me is too over priced. If you want a lot take a taxi. ... but i find what i want there.

The pottery is made by the women, and the men get the clay on the black and white honduras pottery.

Ive been several times to Costa Maya and they have stuff for sale and Ive bought a few trinkets, but shopping there to me not memorial, nothing special for the area. Not like Honduras.

The shopping right at the port is not memorable in either place. The little shopping area in CM is just very basic local sellers who are probably being charged an arm and a leg to have a retail space there. It's a cute little area, with a huge......I was thinking a fountain, but I think you can actually swim in it.

Shopping was a little bit better at the port at Mahogany Bay. There were actual retailers there, some of them had nice things.

Shopping, for us, was a secondary attraction at both places, so we didn't really engage in any heavy duty retail therapy!