Belize Pharmacies

maldenmusic

Not sure why you need to buy prescription drugs in Belize. I understand they are higher priced than in other ports, like Cozumel.

Have heard reports that some pharmaceuticals sold in the pharmacy on the tender pier aren't what they claim to be. But that's just hearsay.

Hope someone comes along with real information for you.

Not sure why you need to buy prescription drugs in Belize. I understand they are higher priced than in other ports, like Cozumel.

Have heard reports that some pharmaceuticals sold in the pharmacy on the tender pier aren't what they claim to be. But that's just hearsay.

Hope someone comes along with real information for you.

Always looking for the lowest price It sounds like Belize might not be the best place. Just asking but thanks.

The only thread I could find about this was several years old. Does anyone know if the pharmacies in Belize City will sell antibiotics without a prescription? Any idea of the price? Thank you.

It's all there and it's all cheaper than Cozumel.

The only thread I could find about this was several years old. Does anyone know if the pharmacies in Belize City will sell antibiotics without a prescription? Any idea of the price? Thank you.

I have been in Belize for almost ten years. Have never had a bad experience with the meds here. Last time i took amoxicillin, I think it was 50 cent us per pill. Has been a while. When I was in Merida they wanted you to see their doc to buy.

I have seen several posts regarding pharmacies in foreign ports. What am I missing? Why would anyone want/need this? If medications are nessary, why not get a prescription in the US?

I have seen several posts regarding pharmacies in foreign ports. What am I missing? Why would anyone want/need this? If medications are nessary, why not get a prescription in the US?

Price could be a motivating factor for most.

I have been taking prescription pain killers for years. Not narcotics, just ibuprofen or naproxen. as well as Metformin. In the states both require an office visit, day off work, co pays. Here in Belize I can just get the meds I need at the pharmacy for less than the co pay in the states.

Price could be a motivating factor for most.

I have been taking prescription pain killers for years. Not narcotics, just ibuprofen or naproxen. as well as Metformin. In the states both require an office visit, day off work, co pays. Here in Belize I can just get the meds I need at the pharmacy for less than the co pay in the states.

So you don't need a prescription

We were in Cozumel in late 2015, and there was a pharmacy at the port shopping area where I picked up some antibiotics and Retin-A, no perscriptions needed. I buy my Retin-A in Cozumel now (because we're there frequently), but it was much cheaper in Belize.

I have insurance but a $6000 deductable before anything kicks in. So if I get an ear infection for example, I'm out for the cost of an office call and the meds-well over $100. I just like to have a few antibiotics on hand. I know what the doc always prescribes me so for that 1 or 2 times a year it saves me a little money.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 11:35 AM, jackg962 said:

Does anyone know if there is a Pharmacy on Harvest Caye

There is not. That is a private island and I suspect that NCL doesn't want to deal with the pharmacy issues that might arise, because technically to return to the US with meds that are prescription only in the US, you have to have a prescription.

Edited by zqvol