Sushi class on the Allure (with photos) - Saturday, April 21

Kesali

Our son is 14 and loves sushi and many seafood items. I attribute it to his Italian & Irish heritage from his grandparents. I rarely eat sushi and do not eat anything seafood beyond fish. I wanted to try conch fritters on the islands (probably only because they are deep-fried) but never did get to.

I kept trying to find more information on the sushi class before we sailed but it's slim pickings out there. So I thought this might help others.

We did not book this in advance through the cruise planner. We did not know when he would be free for a class so we played it by ear. By Friday night we knew there would be time for our son to take the Saturday morning class. I had meant to slip out during dinner to make reservations but forgot. The class was at 10 AM Saturday morning so my husband and son went to Izumi to see if our son could still sign up, while I went to find a lounge chair in the sun and read.

It was no problem at all. They had one full table and a second table with only 3 people. My husband stayed with him the entire time and took many photos. Our son had a blast. The class runs 1 1/2 hours and he came out stuffed. There was seriously so much sushi made he could not finish it all. What is not eaten gets left behind. He was not allowed to bring it back to the room.

By the way, the class cost is a little cheaper if you book ahead on the cruise planner. In Canadian funds it was $38, which converts to $29 US more-or-less. The price never changed, even when it was "on sale". On the Allure it cost $33 US, which converts to roughly $43.50. About $5 cheaper Canadian funds.

Enjoy the photos! Huh... all right. What am I doing wrong? When I tried to upload 5 photos it gave an error message about the security token. When I try one, no matter which one, it keeps failing.

How do I add photos?

From the title, did anyone else think this was a new class from Royal? (Ala Star Class)

Was wondering if you got unlimited Sushi and if it was i would easily gain 20 lbs, as I would be all over that!!

:p

I'm glad they enjoyed it. I have this booked for November. Unfortunately the pictures aren't coming up.

What? Really? Darn it. I can see the photos so I thought everyone could.

Is anyone seeing them?

What? Really? Darn it. I can see the photos so I thought everyone could.

Is anyone seeing them?

I can see them! Sushi isn’t my thing, but it looks like they had a good time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't use Photobucket.com. They now give very little (none?) access on sites like Cruise Critic without buying a sharing plan. All viewers see is this

enhance

I use Shutterfly.com instead. Very easy to right-click copy (or Ctrl-C) from the Shutterfly site and then right-click paste (or Ctrl-V) into your Cruise Critic post.

Don't use Photobucket.com. They now give very little (none?) access on sites like Cruise Critic without buying a sharing plan. All viewers see is this

I use Shutterfly.com instead. Very easy to right-click copy (or Ctrl-C) from the Shutterfly site and then right-click paste (or Ctrl-V) into your Cruise Critic post.

Thank you Bob. After seeing blurb from Photobucket I googed and discovered Photobucket has changed since I last used them. I have a Shutterfly account already so I'll give this a try right now.

Wow - this worked very easily! Will Shutterfly let the photos stay/be linked here as long as I have them in a Shutterfly album? Should I be reducing the quality of the photos before copying in the future? I take the majority of my photos with a camera so they range from 2 - 8 MB in size.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Photos look great now. I've thought about this class on past cruises but have never done it. Might need to give it a try. Looks like a LOT of food.

I don't think it matters if you have a Shutterfly photo in an album or not. I typically reduce the size of pictures before uploading (I have a one click preset for this in Lightroom) but I didn't do so recently and everything worked perfectly. I think the (fairly) new version of Cruise Critic will now automatically resize photos. Just upload to Shutterfly as is and copy/paste.