viking jupiter

xeena

we are thinking of booking an 8 day March 16, 2019....but looks like it will be the third cruise for that ship....she's not even built yet!

any advice on taking a cruise on a brandy-new ship? i worry that it'a like a "shakedown" event....working the bugs out...

Viking will have brought out 6 ships since 2015 by the time you sail. They have it down to a science now. The hotel staff and crew will include a good number of seasoned Viking employees, many of whom have been through the process before, and all will have been in place working together on the ship long before it makes its maiden voyage. You won't even realize that the ship has just made its inaugural cruise.

Viking will have brought out 6 ships since 2015 by the time you sail. They have it down to a science now. The hotel staff and crew will include a good number of seasoned Viking employees, many of whom have been through the process before, and all will have been in place working together on the ship long before it makes its maiden voyage. You won't even realize that the ship has just made its inaugural cruise.

Thanks for the encouraging words. We will be on the March 16th cruise and I was really worried about cruising so soon after the launch of a new ship. Haven’t tried Viking yet so am looking forward to trying a new line.

• 4 weeks later...

We just booked that trip and then I noticed the same thing...I think I’d be nervous on the very first sailing, but I think thy would figure out ant issues by the third. I’m really excited about it. We have done 2 Viking river cruises and fell in love with them. I anticipate that we will solve the ocean trip too! They do so well at organizing and anticipating people’s wants and needs.