VISTA REVIEWS..ugh

abby1257

OK, first I would like to say, that I do understand that it is usually more the negative people..that take the time to do a review, and I usually take them with a grain of salt. Probably could never make these types of people happy period. I have done 11 carnival cruises and have enjoyed them all. Been on 10 different ships. I always take time to read reviews extensively and there are always the good, the bad and the ugly for all of the ships. But I have to say...after reading (extensively) the reviews for the Vista, I'm worried. It seems that a majority of the negatives, complaints etc. are repeated in almost all of the reviews. I've convinced myself I will probably spend half of my cruise time waiting in HUGE line for almost everything. I know there usually is somewhat of a line for everything...no biggy....but not being able to get into ANY shows, waiting 40 min to an hour for YTD??? Apparently (again from only what I have read)....this ship is completely understaffed. Also could someone confirm that you get your luggage tags on the lido on the last sea day? It's a free for all, take as many as you want and hope you get off the ship before 10:30 because you got number 22 and someone else grabbed all the low numbers. I HAVE A PLANE TO CATCH...We always got our luggage tags delivered to the cabins the night before. I love Carnival...always had wonderful cruises....I know people don't take the time to write the positive reviews....but come on...someone...please help me out here....Are we in for a sh....t show?

Abby,

My wife and I were on the Vista in Sept. 2017. It was our 17th cruise. We never experienced any of the things you mentioned. We moved around the ship pretty freely and never really experienced long lines anywhere. I can 't answer to YTD, as we ate in the Main Dining Room every night. Our luggage tags were delivered to our room the night before. Unless things drastically changed in the year since we sailed. We had a great time and really enjoyed the ship and are looking forward to sailing her again....

We booked a Havana room to avoid crowds and fighting for a chair. I pretty much ignore any reviews from March due to spring breakers, I was one of those once and we caused havoc on the ship. I agree that upset people tend to be very vocal online, but I think many people go into cruises with unrealistic expectations.

My family of 4 were on the Vista last March(2017) and we loved it, and I hate crowds. Only the first night there was a loooong line to check in for YTD, but we just waited about an hour and after that it was fine. The rest of the cruise no problem. The only thing I remember being disappointed with was the Punchliner, there were a few comedy shows that we couldn’t go to, too packed. I’m sorry I don’t know anything about the luggage tags, they were delivered the last nite to us, nothing on the lido, but as far as the ship itself, I would sail on it again in a heartbeat! It will not be a sh..show! We actually have a Havana room booked for when the Panorama arrives in Long Beach! Can’t wait! I know it is so cliche but as long as you can keep a good attitude and go with the flow you will have a great time!

• Like 1

We h e sailed the Vista twice (and sailing on the Horizon in July). We found the Vista no more crowded than any other Carnival ship we have sailed on. I did reviews of both sailing btw. Relax, enjoy what we call the best ship in the fleet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

We sailed on the Vista March 18 of this year. Never had a long wait for YTD and were seated right away. Like all sailings the pool area got crowded on Sea Days . If you want to do the Sky Ride try later in the afternoon on Sea days or on port days. We had a great time. Only did 1 show which was a 7:30 playlist show and had no problem getting a sea a few minutes before.

Well I sailed Vista last year and enjoyed it. My only complaint was that somehow even though my family of 5 (wife, husband, and 3 kids) who were in two connecting rooms with linked reservations all paid for by one credit card- we got assigned to 2 different tables in the main dining room that weren’t even close together. When I asked them to fix it the head Maitre’d said that we had to sit at separate tables that night and they would fix it the next night. We walked out and went to Bonsai instead. But otherwise everything went pretty smooth and I really liked the Ship. We are sailing on her again next year (with a Specialty Dining reservation the first night just so we can avoid the main dining room chaos of the first night this time.) I think FTTF helped us though, not as many lines to wait in and we were off the ship immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by texasgirl73

We were on the conquest in March. The luggage tags were on a board across from the coffee shop, for the last night. We waited about an hour after it started, I think the lowest number was 11. But I believe they said if you had an early flight to go to guest services to get a lower number. I didn’t see anybody taking large amounts of tags. It worked out great for us, we took #18 and it matched up pretty good with our ride to our hotel.

We sailed on Vista on it's last Mediterranean itinerary in 2016. It was a nice ship, but just lacked the "spirit" of most ships. Just didn't feel as "grand" as a ship should. That was my biggest "issue" but it was more of a disappointment than problem.

I never really encountered may issues with crowds but did notice at the time the YTD dining wait seemed excessive (I had assigned dining). I thought they'd have fixed it by now. The wait to get on the Sky Ride was a little long as well, but not ridiculous. Getting into shows was easy, but the BIG issue was the ability to see them. Visibility is poor because of the pitch of the seats and massive poles, especially on the upper tier. The ship was staffed well and luggage tags (at the time) were delivered in cabin the day before departing.

We are sailing the Vista in September and I’ve read a lot of reviews. From what I’m seeing, there were a lot more negative reviews when the ship first started sailing. There was so much hype about this new class of ship that expectations were extremely high. And when some family harbor suites had noise issues and there were too many lines, well all h@$l broke loose. Suddenly lots of negative reviews from cruisers that went into it just knowing it would be bad. You can’t cruise with that type of attitude and have a good experience. But most of the recent reviews have been a lot better. I think they’ve worked the kinks out. With new ships, especially with a ship that is a new class that’s very different from the others, there’s going to be lots of kinks that has to be worked out. That’s why I never sail the maiden voyage of any ship and usually wait a good 6 months or so before I’ll try it.

• Like 1

We've cruised the Vista twice, once last May and once at the end of February/start of March 2018. The first night and formal night were the only times we waited for more than 5 minutes for a table, and even then it was only about 30 minutes. The only dining line we really had to deal with was on the last sea day we waited about 30 minutes to get into the Asian stir-fry lunch, and then waited about the same for our food. I don't think we ever really had more than 4 or 5 people ahead of us in line at Guy's or the burrito/taco bar. I think we only did the lido buffet one day, the day of debarkation, and even then it wasn't terrible. I think lines are a lot about timing.

We had a Havana room the last time we cruised, and we aren't big on hanging out on Lido I can't comment on looking for a deck chair. We had one impatient server at a comedy show, but otherwise didn't have any issues with staff/service.

As for shows, yeah, I think you do kind of have to get there early. Maybe 30 minutes before start time, unless you want to be right up front. I've had the same experience on other ships, though, as well as on land.

I can't say for sure about the luggage tags. We self-assist, so we didn't require any tags. If you're worried about making a flight, I'd recommend self-assist as well.

Take my opinion, as with others, as just that - someone's opinion. Your mileage may vary. We talked to other people on our sailings who just hated the Vista, thought the service was awful and everything was crowded.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your replies. I feel better. As I said, I've done 11 carnival cruises and LOVED everyone of them ...I go with the flow...make my own fun...and we keep going back. I should have known better, my BAD...Thanks again, appreciate it.

Its a matter of what is important to you.

If you want a new ship with lots of bells and whistles go to Vista.

We really enjoy the shows and comedians and from everything we have heard the ship was not built with this in mind and venues are small with poor sight lines.

As a result our cruises on Carnival will be toward older classes such as Conquest and Dream which have much larger venues for this.

I remember when the sunshine first sailed. All the reviews seemed to be terrible. Now when you read one they seem much better. I agree getting used to a different class of ship can be a big deal.

I've done 11 carnival cruises and LOVED everyone of them ...I go with the flow...make my own fun...and we keep going back.

You've been on 11 Carnival cruises and keep coming back. While Vista is new, larger ship, the overall Carnival experience is similar and your cruise history shows enjoy that, so you'll enjoy Vista too.

We cruised on her in February and didn't experience any of the issues you described. The crowding wasn't noticeably different than any of our other cruises and we never waited for a show (comedy or main theater), only waited once for YTD (and enjoyed a pre-dinner drink and music in the RFP while waiting!), and thoroughly enjoyed the ship. We've done 4 cruises and Vista is our favorite ship so far. We'll be back!

Here's a link to my review where I give my overall take on the ship and specifically address reviewer complaints at about post 5 or 6.

OK, first I would like to say, that I do understand that it is usually more the negative people..that take the time to do a review, and I usually take them with a grain of salt. Probably could never make these types of people happy period. I have done 11 carnival cruises and have enjoyed them all. Been on 10 different ships. I always take time to read reviews extensively and there are always the good, the bad and the ugly for all of the ships. But I have to say...after reading (extensively) the reviews for the Vista, I'm worried. It seems that a majority of the negatives, complaints etc. are repeated in almost all of the reviews. I've convinced myself I will probably spend half of my cruise time waiting in HUGE line for almost everything. I know there usually is somewhat of a line for everything...no biggy....but not being able to get into ANY shows, waiting 40 min to an hour for YTD??? Apparently (again from only what I have read)....this ship is completely understaffed. Also could someone confirm that you get your luggage tags on the lido on the last sea day? It's a free for all, take as many as you want and hope you get off the ship before 10:30 because you got number 22 and someone else grabbed all the low numbers. I HAVE A PLANE TO CATCH...We always got our luggage tags delivered to the cabins the night before. I love Carnival...always had wonderful cruises....I know people don't take the time to write the positive reviews....but come on...someone...please help me out here....Are we in for a sh....t show?

Wanna avoid the "sh...t show? Stop reading reviews.

• Like 1

On the Vista This coming Saturday and we can not wait!

None of these naysayers are going to stop us from having a great cruise!

The only sh*t show that will happen is if I ...never mind!

Go enjoy and laugh at the morons and the people acting like overgrown babies.

You are there for you and not for them.

If I go on a cruise and worry about who is taking 4 apples and they took all of the numbers 6's..

Then I should not be on a vaca enjoying myself.

Don't worry mon!

We just got off the Vista two weeks ago and loved it!! Yes there were some lines but they go pretty fast. Not once did we have to wait in line for YTD but that could depend on when you go. We normally went around 6:00 p.m. and it was always right to a table. We had FTTF so our luggage tags were delivered right to our room but I don't think it is a free for all on the lido. I recall seeing one or two employees handing them out. There is always self disembarkation which is what we ended up doing and it went very smoothly. And what can I say about the Cruise Director Matt. AMAZING!!!! This was my first cruise with Carnival and I would definitely go on the Vista again. Hope you enjoy your cruise!

We cruised on the Vista last October. My husband hated it. I thought it was ok. Our biggest complaint was the bars. The service was terrible. There were times we sat at a bar for more than 15 minutes without getting served, and there are barely any bar servers walking around on the deck. Personally, we think that is because so many people have the drink package now. They don't want to hurry up and serve us. It was the same regardless of the bar we were at, but he lobby bar and the sports bar and the main dining room were the worst. Getting aadribk at dinner was nearly impossible. We started bringing then in with us. Also, the wait staff in the main dining room was terrible. The only saving grace was that we saw a waiter we knew from another ship and he took over our table personally. Ollie made the trip great! Personally, we love the Sunshine the best and will be cruising on her in Sept.

We dId not enjoy Vista in the Med September 2016. Our group of six all had similar complaints. Theatre/Club setup terrible. Attrum boring blah, MDR food is not as good as it used to be, service was slow and you could tell Carnival cutback staff, food quality, and portion size. Buffets and other fast food stations often had long lines. Elevators where very hard to get on some days. I think they're on the third iteration of technology for elevators on the Vista. They had lots of problems with the elevators. The new shows are disappointing. Room stewards are so busy now they have very little contact with passengers. This was a disappointment. We didn't like the layout of the ship and it definitely felt more crowded than any other ship we've been on. I agree with most negative reviews as most people have the same complaints with Vista. When you add in all the Carnival cutbacks over the past few years it made for a disappointing cruise experience while on the Vista. I would recommend saling Vista as it's still a nice ship just a disappointing one for us. Vista is a one and done for us. Not sure I would plan a cruise on another Vista class unless it's our friends choice, very good deal, or unique ports. Happy cruising!

We cruised on Vista in November...Had a great time. Food and bar service was fantastic. Loved the layout of the ship. Just go and have a fantastic time. Just remember....there are more complainers and naysayers who post then those with normal/positive cruise experiences!!

• Like 1