What do YOU wear to dinner?

Lfschaper

It’s been two years since our last NCL cruise so I don’t remember what we wore. Last few cruises were HAL so definitely dressy. I do remember feeling a bit overdressed on NCL. But it’s one of the few times I can get my teen son to dress up so...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually business casual for us, but you are certainly free to dress up or wear jeans!

No critique taken. That is the beauty of freestyle. Some will think others are over dressed. Some will think others are under dressed. Some will be too busy enjoying their meals to be concerned with how others dress to eat! :)

On my one and only cruise so far it was khakis and polo or collared shirt. Next time the suit coat will stay home. By the pool I will be sporting my farmers tan. Cheers!

It’s been two years since our last NCL cruise so I don’t remember what we wore. Last few cruises were HAL so definitely dressy. I do remember feeling a bit overdressed on NCL. But it’s one of the few times I can get my teen son to dress up so...

I wear dress pants or cargo shorts and a collared shirt and my wife wears dress pants and a blouse.

The exception is Le Bistro which required long pants and collared shirt.

I wear a sundress every night to the main dining room and a nicer dress to all the specialty restaurants. My girls all do the same and my boys and husband dress shorts and collar shirt to main dining room and dress slacks with collar shirt to speciality restaurants.

There is a reason NCL invented freestyle and other lines have followed. It isn't just where and when to eat but how to dress as well. For us, it is usually a polo shirt for hubby but maybe just a really nice T shirt and nice shorts or long pants. For me, capris, a blouse or polo type top and a little more jewelry than I wear during the day. A few nights I wear a very dressy top, but still pants of some sort. The nights we are inclined to dress a little nicer of course, when we eat in Le Bistro and maybe even Cagney's of Le Cucina. It certainly isn't a formal restaurant but just seems like a nice place to dress a little nicer. I judge it pretty much on what I wear out to eat as home. Of course one of the favorite pass times on any ship is people watching and mainly to see how they are dressed. :halo:

Try a P&O cruise, we dress up on them...

I dress up on all cruises, NCL, Celebrity and Royal.....I don't get to at home much, so I really enjoy it. It's no more trouble than not dressing up, I have it down to a science. Black pants, black maxi-dress or two, a few tops and lots of bling.

"You can never be overdressed or overeducated" ~Oscar Wilde

"Life's a party, dress like it." ~ Audrey Hepburn

It’s really nice to see so many people on here who agree with dressing classy at dinner.

Women:

Heels And skirts/dresses. Avoid flats at dinner.

As an alternative you could consider loose pants and a nice top or pant-suit.

Bling should be commensurate to what you wear - i always say, if you don’t overdress, don’t overbling.

Hair/lipstick at a minimum. :)

Men:

Long pants (denim OK but not light blue)

Shirts should be button up/polo-style if possible. No graphic tshirts, but non-collared shirts are OK if they’re plain.

Hair done and beard/face groomed - no hats.

A chain and watch if possible.

It’s really nice to see so many people on here who agree with dressing classy at dinner.

Women:

Bling should be commensurate to what you wear - i always say, if you don’t overdress, don’t overbling.

Men:

Shirts should be button up/polo-style if possible. No graphic tshirts, but non-collared shirts are OK if they’re plain.

I agree with seeing the amount of people who like to get a little dressed up for dinner. However, I'm not a heels-kinda-girl! No thanks! I can still look nice in flats! And lipstick! another no thanks! Agree with the men - minus a chain!

It's to each their own on what people consider dressing up. But it is nice to see people do so!

Women:

Men:

Seriously laughed out loud.

Thank goodness you don't make the NCL dress code.

I must admit, I love people watching, there’s nothing more entertaining than seeing someone, dressed like they’ve just been rescued, getting turned away and told to put trousers on.

Smart shorts & jeans are fine, but something resembling a tramp, shows lack of respect for other travellers...

I will never forget a noisy family turning up for dinner with the “gent” dressed in Union Jack swimming trunks. The matreede turned the man around, however the stupid man thought he was being victimised...thick as s-it