Currency Conversion - Are we being forced to allow RCL to do the conversion

I was completing my online check-in and at the credit card section it now states:

Currency Conversion Authorization

Is the currency of your card one of the following: AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, HKD, JPY, MXP, NOK, SEK, GBP?

• Yes
  • No

If I select GBP is this automatically allowing RCL to do the conversion.....should I select No. It used to be you were asked if you wanted RCL to do the conversion, now it does not give the option. I really don't want RCL to do the conversion.

.....Which they ignore anyway.[emoji848]

My entire B row was highlighted in fluorescent orange and they still converted it.

It didn’t show on the tv balance but they issued a mid cruise statement and I spotted it.

Lengthy line at GR to get this resolved. Bring your credit card as they have to create a new folio and issue a new room key card too. Waste of time for them

And waste if time for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.....Which they ignore anyway.[emoji848]

My entire B row was highlighted in fluorescent orange and they still converted it.

It didn’t show on the tv balance but they issued a mid cruise statement and I spotted it.

Lengthy line at GR to get this resolved. Bring your credit card as they have to create a new folio and issue a new room key card too. Waste of time for them

And waste if time for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When checking in at the port they ask for your credit card and set sail details.

After i did online check-in i printed straight away and it is clearly ticked.

I usually clarify this again at check-in so there is no confusion.

The credit card rate is good but they do charge a currency exchange rate so there is very little advantage anyway.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

When checking in at the port they ask for your credit card and set sail details.

The credit card rate is good but they do charge a currency exchange rate so there is very little advantage anyway.

A HALIFAX card does not charge a conversion fee. An exchange rate, yes obviously but not a conversion fee.

I too have a Halifax no fee, no commission card.

I decided to tick no to the query, as I wish to pay in dollars.

When I printed my sea pass, there are two options on that, so I will complete the section telling them not to make the currency conversion for me.

Past experience on other cruise lines means that I will have to keep an eye on my account on board, and be prepared to head for guest services at the end of the cruise to get them to correct it!

I was completing my online check-in and at the credit card section it now states:

Currency Conversion Authorization

Is the currency of your card one of the following: AUD, CAD, CHF, DKK, EUR, HKD, JPY, MXP, NOK, SEK, GBP?

• Yes
  • No

If I select GBP is this automatically allowing RCL to do the conversion.....should I select No. It used to be you were asked if you wanted RCL to do the conversion, now it does not give the option. I really don't want RCL to do the conversion.

You will still have the option to allow your card issuer to convert your onboard charges in lieu of the RCI currency conversion program.

See the attachment provided by Graham (grapau27)

Fortunately, we have never experienced issues requesting this option.

I too have a Halifax no fee, no commission card.

I decided to tick no to the query, as I wish to pay in dollars.

When I printed my sea pass, there are two options on that, so I will complete the section telling them not to make the currency conversion for me.

Past experience on other cruise lines means that I will have to keep an eye on my account on board, and be prepared to head for guest services at the end of the cruise to get them to correct it!

See my post#3 where i have a photo of my printed set sail pass where i ticked for my card provider during on-line check in.

I did the same, at check in and desk but they still converted, it is hard to check when bill arrives at 630am.

and customer service just ignored request of refund.

the new form I have not told my card is GBP FOR NEXT CRUISE.

I did the same, at check in and desk but they still converted, it is hard to check when bill arrives at 630am.

and customer service just ignored request of refund.

the new form I have not told my card is GBP FOR NEXT CRUISE.

Print off another copy like i have as proof and if it happens again email Michael Bayley and complain.