Help with Booking Specialty Dining

musicmom3

Our link for reserving the specialty restaurants went live minutes ago, but when I try to book, I get a pop up that says "due to dining restrictions you cannot shop at this time." Our TA had informed Oceania about certain food allergies, but nobody told us we wouldn't be able to book the specialties because of that. Anybody here have experience with this? We are first time Oceania guests and this is quite the surprise. Of course it's a shame that we stayed up to midnight on a work night just to do this....

Nothing to do with your dietary restrictions. I assume you have the correct opening date for your stateroom class as posted on your "my account", "Booked Cruises." Sometimes 5 minutes after midnight, EDT, is not quite enough time for the system to be turned on. Have you tried since then?

Re dietary restrictions: we stop at the main dining room (on R ships) or dining desk (on O ships) to remind them of DH's diet. Every day, a menu for the next night is delivered to our room; DH circles what he wants and the chef makes a special version.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Thanks all, and happy to report that while I was refreshing my browser and furiously clicking away, my husband had quietly fired up his iPad, signed in under his own name, and made all our reservations for the dates and times we had wanted. I was still getting the pop up box about the dining restrictions but he never did.

Who knows what was going on. But in the end, it was worth staying up until midnight.

LHT, yes, we are in an A cabin.