Champagne Cat Cruise in St. Thomas

suntan

A friend of ours who just came off the "Golden" did the half day catamaran tour in St. Thomas... She assures me they we on the Adventurer...

She also mentioned (and she does suffer from Sea Sickness) that this was the best excursion she did on her entire trip...

Our friend loved this excursion so much that she has convinced us to change our plan's and book the half day tour instead, she warned us against the 6 hour tour, as we wanted to visit Paradise Point and she didn't feel we would have enough time.

I think this is the link...

http://www.virginislandsmap.com/stjohn/watersports/adventurer-link.htm

CCFAN

Originally posted by Daniel1313

My wife and I are booked on this excursion in early March. If you have to swim ashore, what hapens to your camera if you have brought one with you??? Also, if you are supposed to go barefoot what do you do with your shoes???

We did this on the Star in October and loved it. They have you put your shoes in a basket when you board the boat. I don't remember the name of the boat, but our captains were Chris and John. The place we went was absolutely beautiful. John said that the water was 30 feet deep, but if you look down you could see the bottom and felt like you could touch it. We stayed there for quite a while and on the way back we had cheese and crackers, fruit, soft drinks, water, champagne and other alcoholic drinks.

We felt it was worth the money.

I had booked the 6hours with sun princess next week but I just read this discusion on the board about the catamaran so I called princess just to be sure it was allright and double check how many people were on the boat.

Suprise %$%&?&? they cancelled the 99.00 or 6 hours tour and they put me on the 4 hour tour 79.00

No more buffet !

Anyone as suggestion, I am wondering if I should book with an independant company?

Thank you in advance

Francois

I had booked the 6hours with sun princess next week but I just read this discusion on the board about the catamaran so I called princess just to be sure it was allright and double check how many people were on the boat. Suprise %$%&?&? they cancelled the 99.00 or 6 hours tour and they put me on the 4 hour tour 79.00

No more buffet ! Anyone as suggestion, I am wondering if I should book with an independant company? Thank you in advance Francois

Sorry that happened to you. I think that's what happened to us a few years ago - which is how I know the difference in the two :eek: ;)

Try contacting the Bolongo Bay Beach Club about their cat The Heavenly Days or follow the link a few posts back to The Adventurer.

Good luck and happy cruising.

An earlier poster mentioned going to STJ on their own. That is what we do when we hit STT as a port.

Plenty of taxis dockside to take you to Red Hook. Try to get a little group together as they will wait to get more passengers sometimes. Get the ferry to STJ - about 20 minute ride to Cruz Bay. Plenty of taxis to take you to Trunk Bay or other beaches. These taxis are open air with benches like in a lot of the Islands. Trunk Bay is less than 15 minutes away. It is under the National Park Service and will cost you $4-5 to get in. Food, showers, beer, etc. available. Once you leave, there are taxis available where you were dropped off or one will be by soon. Leave a little early and enjoy Cruz Bay, it is not very big and there are nice places for some drinks of your choice, munchies or more if you wish. Reverse the process and head back to ship. There is a small shopping mall near the ship if you want to get dropped off there on the way back.:)

I have been able to find out more information about the Champagne Cat Sail to St. John. I called Princess and asked them how far the "cat" moors off the beach - they couldn't give me an answer and referred me to send a fax to a number in California. It's been over a week since I sent that and I have not received a reply. So I took matters into my own hands - I searched and searched the internet and found the tour operator for this excursion and I called them today. Although they were not able to give a specific response to how far they moor off the beach, they said they have a dinghy that they transport those passengers that cannot swim to the beach. This information has been extremely helpful to us because this is no a trip for my mother and our friend, both who are very uncomfortable in the water at the best of times and the dinghy won't work for my mother. I can now advise them so they don't spend money on an excursion that they won't be able to reap the benefits of. If anyone is interested, the tour operators is Atlantic Adventures (www.atlantisadventures.com)

Archived