FYI: Staples Now Offering TSA-PreCheck

As stated previously, for global entry there are a limited number of places that you can apply. For example, the closest one to me is in Orlando. I live in Jacksonville. I would have to take a day off from work drive 2 1/2 hours each way to get the global entry card.

However the TSA Precheck I was a able to do in Jacksonville. It covered most of my aggrievance in travel. I.E. having to take out laptops, removing shoes etc. while flying.

Standing in customs lines is hit or miss about how fast you are processed through. So it came to a cost/benefit decision. At the time just getting the TSA Pre-check, was sufficient.

Everyone's mileage may vary.

Don’t waste money on a precheck card. Get the Global Entry.

Our Global Entry card allowed us to bypass the customs line (move to the front of the line) in Ft Lauderdale hen we got off the Allure.

You’re making the assumption that you can get an appointment at the exact day and time you want, which is often very difficult

You don't make an appointment for Enrollment on Arrival. From https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/global-entry-enrollment-arrival-expands-11-additional-international:

Conditionally-approved applicants looking to utilize Enrollment on Arrival do not need to schedule an interview appointment ahead of time.

We applied for Global Entry two years ago and the process was very easy. The application is all online, and in-person interview only took 5 minutes. At EWR they have appointments available 7 days a week as early as 7am. Some credit cards like United Explorer even reimburse the $100 fee.

Used it while returning from Galapagos cruise and sped past long immigration line at FLL. Also showed our cards at Port Everglades post-cruise and were directed around crowd to empty CBP station. Out the door in 30 seconds. There is plan to eventually have Global Entry kiosks at all cruise ports..

We applied for Global Entry two years ago and the process was very easy. The application is all online, and in-person interview only took 5 minutes. At EWR they have appointments available 7 days a week as early as 7am. Some credit cards like United Explorer even reimburse the $100 fee.

Used it while returning from Galapagos cruise and sped past long immigration line at FLL. Also showed our cards at Port Everglades post-cruise and were directed around crowd to empty CBP station. Out the door in 30 seconds. There is plan to eventually have Global Entry kiosks at all

cruise ports..

I got mine at EWR and they must have inferior finger printing apparatus as mine would not record property and took as long as the interview process.:confused: