Harmony of the Seas Kids Club 11 vs 12 ?

Hello.. we are going on a cruise with another couple on the Harmony of the seas next May. Our daughter will be 11 at the time of sailing and our friend's daughter will be 12. I see there is a 'separation of the ages' in regards to the kids club. 11 y/o in Voyagers and 12 y/o in Tweens. However, we want them together. And they won't go unless they are together. Will RC allow them to both be in Voyagers (will this be a big problem?). We are going mid May when public school is still in session- so there should not be not as many kids. Any thoughts? Or any similar experiences? Or what we should do beforehand? Thanks!

There is no firm rule for this situation. You need to go onboard and ask if the 11 yo can be moved up to the teen group or the 12 yo moved down to Voyagers. Since you are going when won't be a ton of kids onboard I think they may allow more flexibility. There isn't anything you can do before you board the ship as it will be up to the AO staff for your sailing. If they allow the younger to move to the tween group, realize that most kids don't actually do activities in the teen center but use it as a meeting place and then wander the ship. The worst case scenario is that they say no and you plan on where you'll allow the girls to wander and how you will communicate with them.

Thanks! I'm hoping they will let the 12y/o with the Voyager group.. we don't want our kids wondering around :o I also have a 9 y.0 boy

Regardless of group they end up in, make sure you let the staff know that you don't want them to leave the club. At that age they can sign in and out and thus could wander around without you knowing.

Ask once you get on board.

We had a situation where our daughter had just turned 9 days before moving her up to the next level.

She was used to kids clubs of arts and crafts, and more child like games, and that's her personality.

But because she had moved up a rank, things were more pre-teenish. More competitive stuff, and it wasn't her style at all. Also the spread that week was about 75% boys vs girls in her age group.

For the first time ever, she wasn't as thrilled to go to the club and we realized why.

We asked them if she could move down a level, and while they had to confer with a manager, they agreed.

Of course after we did all that, my daughter found another girl and the two of them did their own thing and she wanted to stay.

:rolleyes:

Ok- good to know. Sounds like they will work with you. I definitely don't want my 11 y/o with the older group. And our 12 y/o friend is not quite ready to be with that age group- maturity wise. Last time we went during the month of May they grouped all the kids together (except for the tween/teens).. which worked out fine for us.

Ok- good to know. Sounds like they will work with you. I definitely don't want my 11 y/o with the older group. And our 12 y/o friend is not quite ready to be with that age group- maturity wise. Last time we went during the month of May they grouped all the kids together (except for the tween/teens).. which worked out fine for us.

Yes, Royal is normally more likely to step down in age then step up. Just check in first day.... Enjoy your Cruise!