Carnival Cruise Elegant Night

Hello everyone, I have an upcoming cruse booked on the Carnival Horizon and was hoping someone could help me with a question I have. I wanted to know would a dress shirt, sport coat, no tie, chinos/khakis pants and a pair of Sperry boat shoes be acceptable for the Carnival cruise elegant nights? I don't really like wearing ties and would typically pair this look with more of a formal shoe however they take up a lot of room in the suitcase for only waring them on just two evenings. Thank you for any and all feedback. -Cheers!

That's more than enough. I don't take a jacket or anything like that. (I don't even own a jacket). Khakis and polo/golf shirt are enough for guys to wear. I also wear regular tennis shoes as well.

Hello everyone, I have an upcoming cruse booked on the Carnival Horizon and was hoping someone could help me with a question I have. I wanted to know would a dress shirt, sport coat, no tie, chinos/khakis pants and a pair of Sperry boat shoes be acceptable for the Carnival cruise elegant nights? I don't really like wearing ties and would typically pair this look with more of a formal shoe however they take up a lot of room in the suitcase for only waring them on just two evenings. Thank you for any and all feedback. -Cheers!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You will be fine!

Husband doesn't like ties either so he always wore a Jacket,trousers and shirt for elegant nights on Carnival...we saw tuxes and things but we were on longer cruises anyway.

Your option will probably the most popular although I imagine the Caribbean people may forego the jacket.

Back in the OLD days my husband always took & wore his tux. Then he took his suit. Now he just wears bright colored pants and a Hawaiian print shirt. Many are in polos and you'll see some in shorts.

When we started cruising- 30 + years ago, 2 formal nights meant a lot of tuxes, then 2 days of informal which meant the man did not have to wear a tie, and 3 relaxed night but no shorts or jeans.

Things have really changed- don't know if I like it or not.