Georgiafan's Harmony of the Seas Review - April 28th to May 4th

So glad to hear positive things about Chops on Harmony! :) My first Chops experience on Radiance in 2011 was amazing. The last two on Freedom were just "ok" in both food quality and service. We will definitely try it out again though.

I appreciate your honest review. I had Dru when I was on Anthem and I thought he was so good, his assistant was the best I think his name was Chris. Do you remember who the Assistant was on your cruise? I'm on Harmony at the end of June and I am excited that Dru will be the CD. I've only been on 1 Carnival cruise and that was so long ago

So glad to hear positive things about Chops on Harmony! :) My first Chops experience on Radiance in 2011 was amazing. The last two on Freedom were just "ok" in both food quality and service. We will definitely try it out again though.

Yea I enjoyed chops the bacon thing alone might be worth $20

I appreciate your honest review. I had Dru when I was on Anthem and I thought he was so good, his assistant was the best I think his name was Chris. Do you remember who the Assistant was on your cruise? I'm on Harmony at the end of June and I am excited that Dru will be the CD. I've only been on 1 Carnival cruise and that was so long ago

I don't remember the assistants name I think it was the same guy that I said was good that helped him with the belly flop contest. I have a couple minutes of video of that i'll upload it and see if I can find him.

Joe: Greeting guests at the gangway is "over the top"????

Without getting off topic, I just don't think it is necessary. All of these "gangway parties" are a little cheesy for me. Maybe it's an American thing?

Lunch Can't Compare With Vista

I am a single guy in my 30’s who can’t cook I eat fast food for lunch and soup or frozen food for dinner. However when I go out to eat on the weekends and especially on vacation my expectations for food go up. I always try to avoid the buffets for all meals as it’s just not for me outside of checking out the desserts or grabbing one item at like 2pm.

Carnival Vista just completely destroys the Harmony when it comes to food for lunch and its not even remotely close in my book. It’s the main reason why the next cruise I booked was Carnival. The worst meal I had for lunch on the vista was Guy’s BBQ and that would have clearly been the best mealon the Harmony. The vista has so many places to eat for lunch and desserts I would be full before I even got to the MDR and couldn't even fit them all in 8 days. This week I would eat just enough to hold me over and would just double up in the MDR.

I didn’t eat in the MDR for lunch and I should have looking back on It. When I was on the vista I never eat in the MDR either outside of seaday brunch will I will save for another topic. Even though I didn't eat lunch in the MDR I still think its a even comparison as i'm talking about the places outside MDR and buffet here .

The vista has Blue Iguana, Guys Burgers and Guy’s BBQ that are all main places to eat for lunch that are better then anything on the harmony. They have have two specialty restaurants Jiji, cucina del capitano that are free for lunch. Royal doesn't have any specility resturants that are free for lunch that I know of. The hotdog stands needs a toppings bar and better buns. The roast beef part was good, but the bun was once again to hard. If you have never ate a guys burger on Carnival just google it and compare it to the burger I posted below.

I could talk more on this subject as its a major issue for me, but i'm going to try and keep this short. I use to prefer to RCL to Carnival because the food was better. When your talking about lunch that's no longer the case as Carnival destroys them in that area at least in my eyes .

Hamburgers in mini bites

28148754408_d8ef912bdb_b.jpg

Winjammer Pasta was good

28148756628_18211aef78_b.jpg

Park Cafe

28148758428_a94b6e255d_b.jpg

Boardwalk Sausage

28148759148_e39ef4bb26_b.jpg

Your welcome I have one more specialty restaurant that I tried and enjoyed and it was wonderland.

GeorgiaFan: Thank you for taking the time for your review, especially reviewing Chops!

Joe12: "Gangway parties", LOL! I see your point, and it may be a cultural thing.

Without getting off topic, I just don't think it is necessary. All of these "gangway parties" are a little cheesy for me. Maybe it's an American thing?

no need to apologize we all have different opinions on things and we aren't all going to like and dislike the same things.

I have done 3 mega ships in the past 3 years (will be doing harmony later this year). Matt's ship was my first mega ship. I actually liked the Carnival the least (did NCL and RC after carnvial) and NO cruise director can hold a candle to Matt. In fact, the cruise director on ANY ship i go on from here on out, most likely will not even come close to Matt

I also read that the singer you liked on the 5th floor will be on the Symphony starting later this summer. Hopefully his replacement will be just as good.

Thank you for your review. Looking forward to reading more!!

Amazing Shows

I would say overall the main shows were probably the best I've ever seen on a cruise headlined by Grease and 1887 Ice Show. I went to all the shows including the other ice and water shows you don't have to reserve. The Columbus show was the worst of the bunch for me as it seemed more for kids. It wasn't terrible or anything just of all the shows clearly the weakest. Grease was awesome and I liked it because it was more acting and less dancing / singing. The cast of grease was actually on the excursion I did in Jamaica and all very nice. I watched grease at 10:30 and it Is about 1 hour and half long. I started falling asleep during it so i went back on the last day and saw it again so be careful if you book it late. The comedians were alright nothing special. The headliner show was fun and entertaining even if his impersonations wasn't great. The one disappointment for me was Fine Line the water show while they was times I was in awe overall it was just way way to much dancing and not enough diving. I Can see dancing on pretty much every show on the ship so I wanted Fine Line to be a little different. Still top to bottom amazing shows and much better then the competition.

41998679992_98efe97d4c_b.jpg

41998677882_40df59a916_b.jpg

Headliner Jeff Tracta

41142650635_67d9e23c89_b.jpg

41322724434_5094a8bccb_b.jpg

41322722344_ab0e9b09e0_b.jpg

Non reserved show just skating and music

28169733698_9d5afa20f5_b.jpg

Falmouth Jamaica Pier

The area around the ship was nice though the Dairy Queen and Quiznos seemed out of place. I tried to buy one of the surfboards for $20 she wouldn't take it.

41998683922_176e4396d0_b.jpg

41998681522_71a1123130_b.jpg

28169600298_967e2d743e_b.jpg

40235153520_71e6db9dfc_b.jpg

At Least They don't wear Dresses!!;p

Mike

Thanks for the review! Do you know if the coffee drinks and cheesecake or show are included in a drink package?

yes the coffee cheesecake was free they had it one day in the coffee place.

yes all the coffee drinks in the picture I posted including the iced coffee ones are included in the refreshment package or deluxe. The ones with alcohol would be covered in the deluxe package. They also sell like a 10(I think) punch drink card for coffee that they allow you to share I think it was about $30.

Yea Matt really spoils you after going on him I'm hearing even the new guy on the horizon isn't in Matt league. Yea I heard 2nd hand that he was moving to the symphony not sure when he is going it might be on his Facebook page. It seems like cruise lines are bringing in more quality singers for live music then they was 5 or 10 years ago. I think that's where the future of entertainment on cruise ships are going. It would be hard to be as good as kerion, but everyone's music taste is different so I could be wrong

I will be back Monday with more of the review been busy this weekend

I have done 3 mega ships in the past 3 years (will be doing harmony later this year). Matt's ship was my first mega ship. I actually liked the Carnival the least (did NCL and RC after carnvial) and NO cruise director can hold a candle to Matt. In fact, the cruise director on ANY ship i go on from here on out, most likely will not even come close to Matt

I also read that the singer you liked on the 5th floor will be on the Symphony starting later this summer. Hopefully his replacement will be just as good.

Thank you for your review. Looking forward to reading more!!

Xplor Park Amazing Experience

I was a little reluctant to go on this as I booked it at the same exact time all the stuff was going on with the ferry boats. Lets get the few small negative details out of the way so we can get to the fun stuff. I never felt unsafe on the boats they did have a dog checking you before you entered the boat which they claimed was for food. It was very tacky how they keep on trying to sell you random things on the ferry boat like Mr. Haney from Green Acers. Even though we meet at 7:15 and didn't get back till the ship was leaving at 6:30 we was rushed for time. I was going to buy some souvenirs and didn't have the time to even look. They carried us to some random gift shop for like 20 minutes in PDC which that time should have been at the park. Another hour or two would have been nice so I wouldn't have felt so rushed.

I booked this officially though RCL and with the sale price was $150 my cousin didn't book in advance in paid $209. It was the most I have ever paid for a excursion and was also the best one I have ever done so the old saying is true you get what you pay for. The photo package was a pretty good deal $30 per person (60 total) and it included all the photos of the people in our group. I wasn't planning on getting as I just assumed it would be to expense so if I would have known in advance I would have taken a few more photos. It was still a great deal and definitely worth the $ for the photos. If you want to see more photos then what I posted let me know and I will. If your something that likes adrenaline stuff its a must do as it was a once in a lifetime type excursion.

They were like 14 zip lines and 3 or 4 of them landed it water.

rafting through the cave

swimming in the cave

driving the vehicles

lunch which was better then any meal I got on the ship for lunch

28233773318_daf8f57128_b.jpg

28233772518_06f9c30acb_b.jpg

28233771868_5c19ab4a14_b.jpg

28233771198_57b5d929d5_b.jpg

28233770658_f326bbf9ce_b.jpg

28233776158_d115d265e6_b.jpg

Family Thrills Pass - Jamaica

This was another fun official excursion I got it on sale for $83 and my cousin for like $99. I don't have anything really negative to say about this one and would do it again. I forget the exact amount of zip lines it was around 6 or 7 and it worked out that I did this one before Xplor. This was the excursion the cast of grease was with us for the zipline part. I regret not getting a real picture of that. The river tubing was really fun and relaxing and if I had to do it again I would do that 2nd instead of 1st. I'm not sure how long the river tubing / kayaking was I would guess 30-45 minutes so a little on the short side.

They have a obstacle ropes course thing also for you to do as well as a waterslide that ends up in the pool you see here. The pool was much nicer then I expected and after it ends they have a bus that leaves every hour so no set time you have to leave. They also offer other activities you can purchase which I didn't check the price of. Another positive it was a short ride and in a very nice bus with AC.

28236425408_fc316bfa16_b.jpg

28236423088_77fff436b8_b.jpg

42063675272_d8e4e4e7ce_b.jpg

28236427488_84eff71518_b.jpg

40302178510_fd8ffba6df_b.jpg

40302183610_18d17d39fb_b.jpg

Edited by georgiafan

]

Oh my gosh...looks like tons of fun and terrifying at the same time. ( the zip lining)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Its a nervous at first the good thing is since they are 14 of them after the first few times the nerves go away and you can just relax after that.

here is the official hype video for the place

8ZMVBsk45iQ