What a difference a ship makes

npb

Changed mind and deleted my negative post. But suffice it to say that we spent 21 days on the Reflection (Nov-Dec) and for the first time in years have no future Celebrity cruises booked.

It looks like the common thread for those posting here is that the bad experience was on the Reflection.

Our very first Celebrity cruise was on the Reflection and it was a great cruise! We've done three cruises all on S class ships and they were all great! Perhaps my expectations are low or maybe Celebrity is a great cruise line. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

We are on Reflection next month.

Quite worried how it will be now, based on this thread. Not really looking forward to the trip now.

Don’t worry! As we all know complaining is always voiced louder than joy and bliss ;)

We never had a bad cruise and it is always what you make of it. There is not a single cruise, however, where we don’t hear some moaning. And there is not a single cruise were we don’t roll our eyes and wonder what’s wrong with some people and ask ourselves: are we really on the same ship?

I prefer to not waste my time by getting upset about that one steak on a cruise which was not cooked medium but rather enjoy being spoiled with good food and good service on a beautiful ship.

We are also booked on Reflection and there is not a single moment where I would let threads like this one keep me from looking forward to it.

After 2 wonderful Reflection cruises, we looked forward to our Silhouette experience in January. It was significantly worse in dining--both the food and organization. Other than our excellent cabin steward, the staff was distant and gave the appearance of being untrained (particularly Guest Relations). We have heard that top staff was transferred to other ships which may be true for Reflection as well. I guess the inconsistency will continue. We are going back to Reflection next January so who knows?

Very true, its the nature of Internet forums. Thank you for your post, it reinvigorated my enthusiasm, maybe I was reading the negatives too early in the morning !

Onwards and upwards :)

Don’t worry! As we all know complaining is always voiced louder than joy and bliss ;)

We never had a bad cruise and it is always what you make of it. There is not a single cruise, however, where we don’t hear some moaning. And there is not a single cruise were we don’t roll our eyes and wonder what’s wrong with some people and ask ourselves: are we really on the same ship?

I prefer to not waste my time by getting upset about that one steak on a cruise which was not cooked medium but rather enjoy being spoiled with good food and good service on a beautiful ship.

We are also booked on Reflection and there is not a single moment where I would let threads like this one keep me from looking forward to it.

Interesting thread. What is the "Celebrity of Old", specifically. I'm excited to hear that you feel the Equinox is top notch as we are sailing her in July & hadn't seen much about her here.

We have done the Constellation & the Silhouette, both over Spring Break. We did find the Constellation a bit small--mostly in that they didn't offer as many activities throughout the day (we REALLY like the the multitude of activity offerings on Princess or Royal's large ships).

But otherwise we have been very happy with our Celebrity cruises; and those free drink packages keep drawing us back! We figure we are getting a balcony with a drink package thrown in for the price of an interior plus a drink package.

Hi, I just read through your fantastic Eastern Med review. We're soon to sail a similar itinerary on the Reflection, and your review has enormously raised our anticipation. Well done!

Your photos are really fabulous. I have to ask....what camera were you using??

Hi, I just read through your fantastic Eastern Med review. We're soon to sail a similar itinerary on the Reflection, and your review has enormously raised our anticipation. Well done!

Your photos are really fabulous. I have to ask....what camera were you using??

Thank you! The camera I use is a Canon EOS 70D.

Enjoy your cruise! We will be on Reflection again in September... and we are really looking forward to it.

Our very first Celebrity cruise was on the Reflection and it was a great cruise! We've done three cruises all on S class ships and they were all great! Perhaps my expectations are low or maybe Celebrity is a great cruise line. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder but my point was that there was some indication in this thread that the Reflection was the outlier for several posters.

It by no means was a bad cruise and we still enjoyed it. Many of the “disappointments” could be attributed to the lack of consistency among he fleet others have described. When you have a strong loyalty program like Captains Club, customers will make assumptions about the service or experience they will have and when something is different than that expectation it can either be comparatively better or worse. I will agree that the captain and senior officers really set the tone which ultimately impacts every aspect of the guest experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on Reflection a couple of months ago and I didn’t get the experience I had on other Celebrity ships like equinox & the eclipse. We didn’t feel that wow factor we have previously received on Celebrity, the service and dining selection felt very trimmed down like they were on some cost cutting exercise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums