First time taking the kids on a cruise

Abaddon

So I know the answer to the question but my wife isn't taking my word for it. Our son is 12 years old and I'm telling her that all he needs is a birth certificate to cruise. She thinks he needs a state issued ID. Me and my wife have passports but since we've never taken the kids before she is worried. Can anyone chime in and give her peace of mind lol. We will be on the Seaside going to Nassau, San Juan and St. Marteen. Thanks

Your wife will believe internet strangers over you? :confused:
I know right, and the thing is I actually confirmed it with MSC when I called to have them add the daily service charge to my account. Women...lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you go to your MSC web check in page you can see it offers passport or Photo ID/Birth Certificate, stipulating ID/BC is for closed loop Caribbean only. If you choose the BC option it also has a mandatory field for the Photo ID expiration date suggesting they require both. Passports are still the safest option.

ETA: *United States citizens on a roundtrip cruise departing from one United States port, sailing within the Western Hemisphere and ending in the same United States port can use a government issued picture ID along with proof of citizenship in the form of an original or notarized government issued birth certificate or original Naturalization certificate in lieu of a passport.

If you go to your MSC web check in page you can see it offers passport or Photo ID/Birth Certificate, stipulating ID/BC is for closed loop Caribbean only. If you choose the BC option it also has a mandatory field for the Photo ID expiration date suggesting they require both. Passports are still the safest option.

ETA: *United States citizens on a roundtrip cruise departing from one United States port, sailing within the Western Hemisphere and ending in the same United States port can use a government issued picture ID along with proof of citizenship in the form of an original or notarized government issued birth certificate or original Naturalization certificate in lieu of a passport.

The only thing the website doesn't clarify is the age, only kids 16 and older need a photo ID. Also the MSC website states that if using a birth certificate to put any date in that field. I just called MSC again to confirm this. But I would like to hear from people who have already cruised on MSC before with kids under 16. This will be our first time on MSC.

Our 3 grandchildren cruised on the Divina last July and they do not have passports . They are ages 5, 7 and 8 . We only had their birth certificates, and experienced no problems . They will sail with us on the Seaside on a few weeks and we will only be bringing birth certificates .

Our 3 grandchildren cruised on the Divina last July and they do not have passports . They are ages 5, 7 and 8 . We only had their birth certificates, and experienced no problems . They will sail with us on the Seaside on a few weeks and we will only be bringing birth certificates .

Awesome, just what I was looking to hear so now my wife can cool out lol. You wouldn't happen to be on the 5/26 would you?

Awesome, just what I was looking to hear so now my wife can cool out lol. You wouldn't happen to be on the 5/26 would you?

No, we cruise June 2 - 9 .

And just for the record , my husband never believes what I know to be true . These boards have solved quite a few arguments between us !