Apps that work with Carnival WiFi!

Cah3

I am booked for my first ever cruise May 28th, 2018 on the Carnival Ecstacy. I will be going to Nassau, Bahamas and Princess Cays. My question is with the Social Media Package; and I have called carnival, can I use the app KIK with the WiFi. It is a chat app, but even carnival couldn’t say if it worked or not. I would like to know if anyone knows! Thank you in advance!

When logged on to the ships wi-fi, it will be technically be like using your home's wi-fi to the access the www.

However, since the ship is in the middle of the ocean the link to the www will be by a satellite signal. That is where the bottleneck will be. Only so much traffic can go up that link; ships operation will have priority and take up most of that link. Passengers get what's left.

Some apps like Skype needs a lot of space in that link and many cruise lines will block it's use. If your KIK app uses a lot of space then it may be blocked to almost useless since it can't get the space it needs.

You can try to use KIK, but have a Plan B.

Edited by Philob