Carnival Pride shows/activities....which ones do you recommend or should we avoid?

I really want to just relax under the sun all day, have a nice dinner and chill at night. I love shows and activities, but I do not wish to waste 2 or so hours on something that is not worthwhile.

Any recommendations?

We don't really care for many of the stock shows. We did like Flick and Epic Rock - but again, they are a one time view for us. Many like the Love and Marriage show, but again, not our thing. We will go to a show if the ship is having unique performers like hypnotists, illusionists etc.

Our favorite places for the evening are Alchemy bar, comedy club and piano bar. We never go to the dance club.

Hope that helps.

We also cruise to relax. We like the comedy club Punchliner shows. They are usually great, both adult and family friendly. There are usually 4 days of comedy shows. Each day has a family friendly show and two adult shows. Punchliner is in the Butterfly lounge. We also like watching a movie under the stars at the Dive In Movie. Red Frog Pub also has live band which have been good in the past.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

I think this is useful if you like the Playlist Production shows...or at least want to try them. It's a list of each show, a description, and the ships that they're on.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=3235

We really liked Epic Rock a couple years ago. We'll check it out again next month. Also looking forward to trying a few more that we haven't seen. By then I'll be able to decide whether they're worth going to again or not. I think each one has the potential to be a great show if they'd put a little more into them. More live music, something like that. America Rocks has a band, but we won't get that one next month.

We were on the Pride in January. I enjoyed the Playlist shows...although some may find them cheesy. The comedians were kind of hit and miss, but that's really a matter of personal taste. We loved the string trio. Three talented ladies who were generally in the Atrium or Alchemy.

Love and Marriage show is hilarious!

You will enjoy the ship. Great layout and wonderful crew.

We enjoyed Getaway Island and 88 Keys on the Pride in April. I'm honestly the only person in my family that enjoys shows like that and even my guys didn't dislike them. LOL We all really enjoyed the family friendly comedy shows, but that will just depend on the comedians on board that week. I will say, we did NOT like the female comedian and neither did anyone else we spoke to. In fact, the funniest thing about her was that everyone agreed she was awful. She did the EXACT same bit on night 2 as she did on night 1...so people we were around were giggling that it was still not funny. With that said, it was a nice way to spend some time with my sons and husband after dinner. And we still laugh about how NOT funny the female comedian was, so there is that.

We were on in Feb/Mar and enjoyed:

~Playlist Productions - a little cheesy, but decent entertainment and it's only about 30-45 minutes. The same cast does all shows, so if you really can't stand the performance of one of the leads you might not enjoy any of their shows. We liked some shows more than others, but they were all acceptable or better.

~Red Frog Pub - Beasts from the East were great with a nice variety of styles and the singers took turns so it wasn't always the same voice. They seemed like they were having fun too. There were a lot of good singers on our cruise so Karaoke was good too. (Karaoke in Butterfly lounge seemed to drag on)

~Piano Bar - could get old after a while, but it's easy to come and go.

As you can tell we were music heavy, but I've heard very good things about Comedy shows. There are lots of live options, plus a decent listing of Dive-in Movies. Mini golf might be open if it's not too windy, and I can enjoy just watching the aft wake with a drink in my hand and enjoying the ocean :D

We enjoyed Getaway Island and 88 Keys on the Pride in April. I'm honestly the only person in my family that enjoys shows like that and even my guys didn't dislike them. LOL We all really enjoyed the family friendly comedy shows, but that will just depend on the comedians on board that week. I will say, we did NOT like the female comedian and neither did anyone else we spoke to. In fact, the funniest thing about her was that everyone agreed she was awful. She did the EXACT same bit on night 2 as she did on night 1...so people we were around were giggling that it was still not funny. With that said, it was a nice way to spend some time with my sons and husband after dinner. And we still laugh about how NOT funny the female comedian was, so there is that.

We are all different. Think Epic Rock and 88 keys were excellent. Will say that we thought that 88 keys should use the PBE on board in the show.

Getaway Island and Divas were awful in our opinion.

Go and decide for yourself

We are all different. Think Epic Rock and 88 keys were excellent. Will say that we thought that 88 keys should use the PBE on board in the show.

If PBE is Piano Bar Entertainer, then Pride did use him as part of the show (might have been pre-show). I don't remember Divas, but thought Getaway Island was cute as long as you went into it expecting very corny & cheesy;p

I agree, thought Get away island was really dumb!

We enjoyed Getaway Island and 88 Keys on the Pride in April.
We'll have an opportunity to see Getaway Island on Glory next month. The description doesn't sound half bad, but I watched a video on YouTube and the show itself, at least that particular performance, sounded pretty bad. It could've been the fact that it was a cell phone recording, though. We might check it out, but sit in the back just in case we want to bail out.

Epic Rock is, hands down, the best stage show I have seen on any cruise ship and on any cruise line (and I've been on lots of different ships and lines). BUT, Epic Rock was not showing on the Pride 2 years ago and, according to the link provided by "Organized Chaos", it is still not scheduled on the Pride. (Too bad as we are cruising on that ship again in the fall.)

88 Keys is pretty good.

Do not get sucked into doing the "Clue" game. The intro show on the first day is entertaining, but from then on, it's the "red-headed stepchild" of activities. The CD remembers to present the clues sometimes and sometimes not.

We'll have an opportunity to see Getaway Island on Glory next month. The description doesn't sound half bad, but I watched a video on YouTube and the show itself, at least that particular performance, sounded pretty bad. It could've been the fact that it was a cell phone recording, though. We might check it out, but sit in the back just in case we want to bail out.

That sounds like a good plan. We thought it fit in that "so bad it's good" style - if you don't take it seriously it can be fun, but there are lots of things others enjoy that I just go:confused:

Epic Rock is, hands down, the best stage show I have seen on any cruise ship and on any cruise line (and I've been on lots of different ships and lines). BUT, Epic Rock was not showing on the Pride 2 years ago and, according to the link provided by "Organized Chaos", it is still not scheduled on the Pride. (Too bad as we are cruising on that ship again in the fall.)

88 Keys is pretty good.

Do not get sucked into doing the "Clue" game. The intro show on the first day is entertaining, but from then on, it's the "red-headed stepchild" of activities. The CD remembers to present the clues sometimes and sometimes not.

I don't think I've read anything good about Clue :(- mostly that it's a gimmick to get people to show up for sales pitches and bingo.