Espresso - coffee card

First time Royal cruiser. Thinking of purchasing coffee card. Have double espresso each evening after dinner on cruise. Is it worth it to buy card or pay each time? - 9 day cruise

Any help appreciated....

First time Royal cruiser. Thinking of purchasing coffee card. Have double espresso each evening after dinner on cruise. Is it worth it to buy card or pay each time? - 9 day cruise

Any help appreciated....

They may charge you two punches for the double espresso. I'd wait to purchase until you are onboard so you can find out the punch policy on your sailing.

They may charge you two punches for the double espresso. I'd wait to purchase until you are onboard so you can find out the punch policy on your sailing.

Agree with Bob as I've never seen this offered at a lower price prior to embarkation.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought this card on Explorer in August prior to sailing in the Cruise Planner and in that instance they did not offer any additional discount if you bought on board. Its generally one of the lower price "packages" so I don't think they tend to drop the price. I am a big coffee drinker and just managed to use it up by the last day of our Alaska cruise. I think they might have gotten firm with the 1 punch per shot though so sounds like you would blow through it pretty quickly.

Does anyone know what the policy is on Serenade? I have punches left from a previous cruise on Anthem and was going to bring the card on Serenade. If they have a 1 punch rule I will leave it home and save it for my next Anthem cruise.

On my Serenade cruise 3/19 - 3/30/18 it was one punch per shot. Just off Allure B2B and they gave me anything on the menu I wanted for one shot. Inconsistent as usual.

I bought the card for my husband for our Med cruise on Brilliance in May 2017. The website clearly says any espresso drink for one punch. But when we got onboard they were trying to punch 2 or even 3 per drink!

I should have escalated it at the time, but it definitely reduced any benefit the card provides.

When I returned home, I took a screenshot from the website and sent my problem to RCI's Customer Relations. They agreed that it should be one punch per drink. Or at least I think they agreed with me because they fully refunded my money for the card (basically gave me $50 OBC).

I would say screenshot the website and show the baristas when you order. Escalate if they argue. RC needs to get the usage of this standardized. The variation is crazy and 1 punch per shot goes against the spirit of the card, especially as the coffee is the cheapest part of the drinks!

I bought the card for my husband for our Med cruise on Brilliance in May 2017. The website clearly says any espresso drink for one punch. But when we got onboard they were trying to punch 2 or even 3 per drink!

I should have escalated it at the time, but it definitely reduced any benefit the card provides.

When I returned home, I took a screenshot from the website and sent my problem to RCI's Customer Relations. They agreed that it should be one punch per drink. Or at least I think they agreed with me because they fully refunded my money for the card (basically gave me $50 OBC).

I would say screenshot the website and show the baristas when you order. Escalate if they argue. RC needs to get the usage of this standardized. The variation is crazy and 1 punch per shot goes against the spirit of the card, especially as the coffee is the cheapest part of the drinks!

Now you have roused my curiosity.

What is the most expensive part of the drink, then?