Star Princess experiencing rudder problems, missing a port.

Valiamo

I hope the Star doesn't have a propulsion issue, I'll be boarding in the fall from LA for 15 nights round trip to Hawaii!:confused:
There has been no discussion of a propulsion issue, only a rudder issue that appears to have been corrected.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sail on the Star in Oct ( a long wait ) to Hawaii,and we will probably miss one port in Hilo due the Volcano and have another sea day. Also there will be no tours on the USS Arizona due to it being in bad shape. I'm thinking as both things are "acts of God," we will not get any OBC, or will we? Dh and I are thinking, maybe we should cancel and go elsewhere. The USS Arizona is on my bucket list. Thankfully, we have a long time to wait and things could change.

We sail on the Star in Oct ( a long wait ) to Hawaii,and we will probably miss one port in Hilo due the Volcano and have another sea day. Also there will be no tours on the USS Arizona due to it being in bad shape. I'm thinking as both things are "acts of God," we will not get any OBC, or will we? Dh and I are thinking, maybe we should cancel and go elsewhere. The USS Arizona is on my bucket list. Thankfully, we have a long time to wait and things could change.

I wouldn’t expect any compensation & there’s no way to accurately predict the conditions in October. Hilo is upwind of the bad air quality issues but when considering all possibilities cruise lines have decided to cancel port calls there. Air quality concerns are cited as reasons for sometimes not going to Kona either.

Based on what I’ve recently read the damage to the Arizona Memorial has indefinitely suspended going on it. They are providing extended PH boat tours on the USN tenders including stopping over the USS Arizona. The visitors center remains open as do the other Pearl Harbor sites.

Would I cancel a Hawaiian cruise due to these situations...no way! There are so many other things to experience in Hawaii & on the cruise that we’d never cancel our cruise.

We just got off the Star yesterday, it would appear rudder problems are a past issue. We had smooth sailings with best most personable Captain Tuvo. Great weather made every port on time and there was no chatter on the ship of any problem. So, continue your plans for your future cruise, smooth sailings to all.