London Theater discount tickets

Hi,

We'll be in London for the nights in July before our cruise. We would like to go to the theater one night. Are discount tickets available? Are we better off reserving something in advance. Is there anything like the Tickets Booth in New York?

Thanks

Helen

Hi,

We'll be in London for the nights in July before our cruise. We would like to go to the theater one night. Are discount tickets available? Are we better off reserving something in advance. Is there anything like the Tickets Booth in New York?

Thanks

Helen

Yes, there is something similar at Leicester Square. Through the years I've had decent luck there. You can't be too selective about what you want to see but sometimes you get lucky. There can be a long line during popular tourist months. The last couple of years we have booked directly through the individual theatre if there was something we really wanted to see. No middleman markup.

Is there anything like the Tickets Booth in New York?
Yes, there is something similar at Leicester Square.
So that you don't get ripped off by one of the many scam resellers in the area, the official booth is shown in the photo on the front page of its website. It has " t k t s " in large friendly letters on it. And this is its location on the south side of Leicester Square: https://goo.gl/maps/c34cXhubjbA2.

So that you don't get ripped off by one of the many scam resellers in the area, the official booth is shown in the photo on the front page of its website. It has " t k t s " in large friendly letters on it. And this is its location on the south side of Leicester Square: https://goo.gl/maps/c34cXhubjbA2.

Thank you for the additional info.

If there is something that I have as a must see then I would purchase those tickets in advance. Otherwise, when In London for a few days, we often stop by Leicester Square to pick up tickets for another performance. One of the great things about London is the breadth of theater available.

If there's something you really want to see, you should book in advance. Many shows do sell out on Fridays and weekends. Failing that the Tkts booth is the best last minute option - although you can sometimes also get returned tickets from the theatre box office on the morning of the show.

Down load the Today Tix app - you can get discounted tickets up to 30 days in advance.

I have used it in Boston and New York; my daughter is in London and uses it all the time. They are easy and convenient.

In New York and Boston (not sure about London), the ticket agent meets you in front of the theater.