Probation Party on Oasis????

We did it on Oasis three years ago and had great fun. It's a cheap way to spend a few hours. There's some corny entertainment, decent live music, cheap SWAG, and some gin drinks served in tea cups included. About half the people fully dressed for the part, about 25% gave it a try, and about 25% made no effort. But it's fun we really enjoyed it. I know some people will poo poo the event and I am guessing it's all about who the MC is. We had a very high energy MC so she kept things jumping. Again, it's only a few hours and if you don't like it leave. BTW: I still have my secret pin and password. Don't ask or I'll have to.......

We did it on Oasis three years ago and had great fun. It's a cheap way to spend a few hours. There's some corny entertainment, decent live music, cheap SWAG, and some gin drinks served in tea cups included. About half the people fully dressed for the part, about 25% gave it a try, and about 25% made no effort. But it's fun we really enjoyed it. I know some people will poo poo the event and I am guessing it's all about who the MC is. We had a very high energy MC so she kept things jumping. Again, it's only a few hours and if you don't like it leave. BTW: I still have my secret pin and password. Don't ask or I'll have to.......

Thanks for the info. So no food but some gin drinks. We’re just looking for something different.

We had a good time at the Prohibition Party on Oasis at Thanksgiving last year. I think we each had about 4 or 5 "tea" drinks. The waitstaff circulated the room with trays of the drinks. Different ones were offered throughout the evening. There were also some light snacks set up as a buffet. There was an audio of a horse race. Then, there was a dance competition.

We just attended the the Prohibition Party on Oasis of the Seas during the April 29, 2018 sailing. I would say about 75% of the people were dressed for the event, the staff were in the role and very entertaining and they had men and women come up to learn a dance from the era. They did provide some finger foods, although we did not sample any as we had just gotten finished with dinner about an hour before. The drinks were free flowing and served in tea cups. The drinks were supposed to be what you would find during the prohibition era but they were too sweet for my taste. I basically nursed the one drink for the duration, although others seemed to like them. The entertainment was by the band that played in the Jazz Club and they were quite good. I'd say go just to say that you had participated in a Prohibition Party and enjoy the music and entertainment.

Ok now I see it, sorry was trying to figure out Probation Party, hadn't heard of that one.:) Having not been on an Oasis class yet, didn't know they did a Prohibition Party, interesting to know. Daughter & I will be on the Allure but not before 2020.

Ok now I see it, sorry was trying to figure out Probation Party, hadn't heard of that one.:) Having not been on an Oasis class yet, didn't know they did a Prohibition Party, interesting to know. Daughter & I will be on the Allure but not before 2020.

Yeah, this thread is not at ALL what I thought it would be. :D

I agree the drinks were a little sweet for my taste. In fact I ended up with a headache that night (OK, maybe not due to the PP). They will take the drink package or get you something else. Seems I do recall some lite finger food, nothing substantial. But, that's not the point of the party.

I thought the cruise lines were having a new party, which might have been interesting to see.:D Ashland not sure I would attend an Execution Party.

Of course they were asking about private excursions...but instead said executions....many of us got a laugh from that spelling error. All in good fun :D

We did this while on Allure! It was the best night of the cruise! Had lots of fun, lots of Gin! I'd say for our group 80% of everyone was dressed up! After the party everyone stayed together and kept the night going moving the party to other locations. Ended up becoming friends with some of the people and hanging almost every night after.

(tried attaching pictures... its not allowing me to)

I would say its definitely worth it!

There has been reports that sometimes the cruise planner will show the time being during the afternoon. Both times we booked that wasn't the case. But more than once somebody on CC has reported that. I never heard back if that was true when they got on board or just a computer glitch.