chandelier earring

Cats' slave

A lovely pair of chandelier earrings are classic and always in style. They have been very trendy in the last few years but will always be lovely on a woman with upswept, or short hair. I would not hesitate to wear them. I would not, however, wear them with a necklace.

Here's my rule of classic fashion. I always ask, "What would a network anchor woman wear?" Or, 'What would Diane Sawyer or Katie Couric do?" This has worked for me countless times, but may not work for the most fashion forward or the fashion vanguard who might ask, "What would a guest on Jay Leno or David Letterman wear?" For the fashion ultra-conservative, ask "What would Martha Stewart wear?"

I did see some younger network and cable newwomen wearing simpler chandelier earrings over the Christmas season...not the most elaborate shoulder sweeping ones. I hope chandelier earrings don't go out of style, because they are a fun way to dress up an outfit with color near the face.

Here's my rule of classic fashion. I always ask, "What would a network anchor woman wear?" Or, 'What would Diane Sawyer or Katie Couric do?" This has worked for me countless times, but may not work for the most fashion forward or the fashion vanguard who might ask, "What would a guest on Jay Leno or David Letterman wear?" For the fashion ultra-conservative, ask "What would Martha Stewart wear?"

I did see some younger network and cable newwomen wearing simpler chandelier earrings over the Christmas season...not the most elaborate shoulder sweeping ones. I hope chandelier earrings don't go out of style, because they are a fun way to dress up an outfit with color near the face.

Do you really? The network anchors are conservative to a fault. I don't think I would base my formal night wear on what Katie Couric is wearing on the Today Show. Plus, she has no taste.

I vary from not caring what others are wearing to reading every word you ladies have written. I guess it's because a cruise is a special event for me and I want to do it right.

During the day, I'll wear shorts I like and not care if longer lengths or shorter lengths are in style. My hair will be windblown and messy and I won't notice. I will just go my merry way. But at night, I want to look nice. I don't need to be in on the latest trend but I don't want to look stupid in a style that went out two years ago. I'm not likely to get the memo.

I am so glad you ladies are here to help.

BlueHerons - I LOVE your comment re Katie Couric - I personally can't stand the woman!

Re the chandelier earrings - yes they are still "in". I have several pairs and wear them with various outfits (suits, certain dresses, evening gown). I certainly wouldn't wear them with shorts or a bathing suit (something I witnessed last year - yuck!). In fact, during the day on the cruise I sometimes don't wear any earrings (or any makeup for that matter - I'm in the water most days). I sometimes get infections from wearing them in the salt water.

I wore some beautiful marcasite chandelier earrings with my halter top-type formal gown on our cruise in November. They were the perfect accessory for that style gown, since a necklace would have looked ridiculous with the gown. Chandelier earrings work great with formal wear.

Karen

Do you really? The network anchors are conservative to a fault. I don't think I would base my formal night wear on what Katie Couric is wearing on the Today Show. Plus, she has no taste.

I agree.

The network anchors, no matter how chic they might be, are dressed for work in office attire.

Most people would not wear chandelier earrings to work unless they worked in a very creative industry like fashion or advertising. I don't think the women on Wall Street would wear them into their office. (the secretaries might, the exec's wouldn't)

As far as still being in style, I agree that they're still "in".

Jane

Archived