Luggage service off the ship and arrives at final destination

Has anyone used the service offered at the end of a cruise? I believe you put your luggage out the last night as usual, but you do not need to locate in the terminal the next day. RCCL takes your luggage from ship to airport and sends it on to the final destination. It sounds so convenient. However my final leg is a small regional airport and I am hoping this is not a problem. Please share your experiences. Thank you

Has anyone used the service offered at the end of a cruise? I believe you put your luggage out the last night as usual, but you do not need to locate in the terminal the next day. RCCL takes your luggage from ship to airport and sends it on to the final destination. It sounds so convenient. However my final leg is a small regional airport and I am hoping this is not a problem. Please share your experiences. Thank you

Have done it twice in the last year. Once to JFK and once to Islip (a small regional airport).

The JFK flight was a little after noon and no problems.

The flight for ISP was at 11:45 am and our luggage made it no problem. In fact my bag was first off the plane and my wife’s was the fifth!

We find it well worth the $25 each and will take advantage of this every cruise that we can.

Have a great cruise and don’t worry about looking for you luggage in what I like to call the great hall of Ellis island.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The program is called luggage valet. It costs $25 per person, and I believe is free to people booking full suites.

Much depends on the ship, airline and time of flights. It's not available for all ports, ships, etc.

If you are able to participate, it's a great program.

:DWe use it everytime we cruise... it is a great service. Our home airport is also a small regional airport and we have never had a problem. One thing you must do is complete the form and return it to guest services by a specific date. The form usually comes with the daily event material on the third or fourth day. If you don't get it turned in by then... they will not take your luggage. We are now in the habit of making a stop at guest services and filling out the form on the second or third day. Remember there are some restrictions, i.e, your airline must participate in the program and you have to pay any fees associated your airline baggage policy in addition to the service fee.