passports- Checks cashed, good sign?

Cafedumonde

As I said, the State Department doesn't really care. They are just trying to help you avoid problems.

And if you do get denied entry somewhere, just remember it was YOUR choice to smile.

But it appears they aren’t trying to help if they tell you it’s OK to smile. They should maybe offer up a disclaimer saying it could be problematic for other countries don’t you think?

A quick note about the status update on the website. Mine still said it was processing when it arrived so I don’t think it’s that accurate.
Reminds of the pizza place's app saying my pie is still baking when it shows up at my door. Lol

Unfortunately it's only accurate if the person doing the processing remembers too update it.

They arrived yesterday!! Got them when I got home late last night! They were in individual priority mail envelopes. I never did get the website to work, or I would get to the page after check your status and it would crash, so not sure about that. But I submitted them at a passport office at a university on April 26, the checks cashed May 9, and they arrived May 24. We have not received birth certificates yet, but I am assuming they will come. Thanks for all the feedback here.

Oh and the person at the passport office we went too did not say not to smile. I did, not huge, but mild. But she had to take three photos of me because I kept closing my eyes with the flash. So I was trying to keep my eyes open, not thinking about anything else. One of my kids has a light smile and 2 others= no smile. They were not happy about the entire outing. lol.