World Cup Soccer?

smiller027

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about NCL & broadcasting things like World Cup soccer while on board? Really just curious if we will be able to catch any content while on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would think it's all dependent on who is NCL's sports broadcast partner and what their rights are with regard to broadcasting World Cup matches. On the Bliss recently and the Spirit at the end of last year there were live Premier League broadcasts on the channel NCL was using. There were no other leagues broadcast. I missed most of the 2014 World Cup whilst cruising the Baltic with another line.

I would think it's all dependent on who is NCL's sports broadcast partner and what their rights are with regard to broadcasting World Cup matches. On the Bliss recently and the Spirit at the end of last year there were live Premier League broadcasts on the channel NCL was using. There were no other leagues broadcast. I missed most of the 2014 World Cup whilst cruising the Baltic with another line.

Hmmm good to know, good thoughts. Thank you!

We were on the NCL Spirit in June, 2014 and I’m pretty sure it was during World Cup Soccer. There were big screen TVs all over the ship and soccer was on all the time.

My son and grandsons were with us and they were thrilled with the coverage.

This was a Mediterranean cruise.

We have been cruising with NCL in Europe during both soccer European Chamionships and World Championships in the past, and NCL have always showed the matches on TV in one of the bars on board. And when they get to quarterfinals, semifinals and finals, they even showed the matches on a big screen in eg. Spinnakers Lounge. But like I mentioned, this has been during European cruise itineraries with many Europeans on board (and therefore many soccer fans), so it might be different if the ship you will be cruising with is on a non-European itinerary.

This photo is from the Jade in June 2014, with Dutch soccer fans (dressed in orange color) watching the game in the Spinnakers Lounge:

dQsqcuN8oVM75yC-9Vo0ZGZrWm5llhCLMszybGvMpDHuWocFfjWcvy1N9--lAqmfRM3OXkYFc86MoShif3V9sjXMhd_LX2y9bAnXQ_aE9E8U6zAnD3RcDMYkFkHguwTtp4VR6GOMedqMw1dWR-82wSevfm5J6yxZeRQHzJ_-12T9gvop1rplvmyx_apflHdmFLurMZ4ZxyhrfWWhtRHGVnDpQ2z71QIskggA7OeTO7Q5D9HN7eG3Jqa4vrWUbOmll1O79pc2Q1W3RKQ4YBo1l1sSA-CWJQsD7qfxBffe_tAHf42UOH3M9nlxeZ530KuOWgAGUyjy03QaWD1D9dnkGo1eV1aEqjREofDQGRshMyRQtmxFotsIiQfPtGHC2SSHKPxCVfaZJQtE_3HbHfR4K1aPc6BQNOmCMuH1LFfwGkeYvv4WEKyAb6LvWwxzz8_QMoy_0etPCS1VpCP4RQYWq84adBgX_JfuZ6i8T8JR3bp98J_uzwG-ewYwPkrRcsIbgp8HN7cWqK2yE-rq-MG1-V64nM4EbFoF0nraQqSGrRQf-UEgO5jbx759S2aooADp54tWRQpD3WKoCQMjZdXLrgv4bq2Zb8KI3nVCRxU=w1266-h950-no

Edited by TrumpyNor

We were on the NCL Spirit in June, 2014 and I’m pretty sure it was during World Cup Soccer. There were big screen TVs all over the ship and soccer was on all the time.

My son and grandsons were with us and they were thrilled with the coverage.

This was a Mediterranean cruise.

Excellent, appreciate the info!

We have been cruising with NCL in Europe during both soccer European Chamionships and World Championships in the past, and NCL have always showed the matches on TV in one of the bars on board. And when they get to quarterfinals, semifinals and finals, they even showed the matches on a big screen in eg. Spinnakers Lounge. But like I mentioned, this has been during European cruise itineraries with many Europeans on board (and therefore many soccer fans), so it might be different if the ship you will be cruising with is on a non-European itinerary.

This photo is from the Jade in June 2014, with Dutch soccer fans (dressed in orange color) watching the game in the Spinnakers Lounge:

dQsqcuN8oVM75yC-9Vo0ZGZrWm5llhCLMszybGvMpDHuWocFfjWcvy1N9--lAqmfRM3OXkYFc86MoShif3V9sjXMhd_LX2y9bAnXQ_aE9E8U6zAnD3RcDMYkFkHguwTtp4VR6GOMedqMw1dWR-82wSevfm5J6yxZeRQHzJ_-12T9gvop1rplvmyx_apflHdmFLurMZ4ZxyhrfWWhtRHGVnDpQ2z71QIskggA7OeTO7Q5D9HN7eG3Jqa4vrWUbOmll1O79pc2Q1W3RKQ4YBo1l1sSA-CWJQsD7qfxBffe_tAHf42UOH3M9nlxeZ530KuOWgAGUyjy03QaWD1D9dnkGo1eV1aEqjREofDQGRshMyRQtmxFotsIiQfPtGHC2SSHKPxCVfaZJQtE_3HbHfR4K1aPc6BQNOmCMuH1LFfwGkeYvv4WEKyAb6LvWwxzz8_QMoy_0etPCS1VpCP4RQYWq84adBgX_JfuZ6i8T8JR3bp98J_uzwG-ewYwPkrRcsIbgp8HN7cWqK2yE-rq-MG1-V64nM4EbFoF0nraQqSGrRQf-UEgO5jbx759S2aooADp54tWRQpD3WKoCQMjZdXLrgv4bq2Zb8KI3nVCRxU=w1266-h950-no

Wish it was a European itinerary cruise! Hoping for decent coverage on our Caribbean trip.

I watched the WC final 2014 in Spice H2O on The Epic. Unfortunately this years final kicks off at 11am Miami time, right around when I normally head to the ship. But I've found a bar in Miami to watch it and will board later. Hopefully no ET and penalties.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NCL currently uses Sport24 as their sports provider, and Sport24 has the exclusive rights to air 2018 FIFA World Cup games on ships and airplanes, so you're pretty well assured to see lots of games.

https://www.getconnected.aero/2017/06/img-inflight-media-rights-2018-fifa-world-cup/

My son and husband will be thrilled to know this! I've been wondering if they would be missing any of the WC on our Bermuda cruise. Thanks for the info!! :):):)