Alaskan Cruise on the Westerdam

Williebill

Yes--my friend and I are booked on this cruise. This will be our first HAL cruise and first time to Alaska. Check out the Roll Call--Westerdam site. You may have to scroll down a bit because nothing has been posted for our date since mid-December. So far, I think there are about 3-4 groups posting for that day. I'm sure as the time approaches, we'll get more. (At least I HOPE so!)

Peggy

Yes--my friend and I are booked on this cruise. This will be our first HAL cruise and first time to Alaska. Check out the Roll Call--Westerdam site. You may have to scroll down a bit because nothing has been posted for our date since mid-December. So far, I think there are about 3-4 groups posting for that day. I'm sure as the time approaches, we'll get more. (At least I HOPE so!)

Peggy

I believe you will love HAL. My DW and I have been on seven cruises and three have been with HAL, we keep going back; our last cruise was the GWV for 2005 aboard the Prinsendam and we hated getting off the ship. Maybe all CC's will be able to get together at least once during the cruise.

120 Days left!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell us what kind of weather we should pack for on our Alaskan Cruise on May 7th? I realize that it will still be early spring, but I'm sure the weather will be different than what I may be use to. How long will daylight last at that time of year?

Hi, WillieBill--Joyce and I are planning to take a couple of short sleeved T-shirts, a couple of long-sleeved T-Shirts, sweatshirt(s), pr. of jeans, a jogging suit or 2, casual khakis, fleece jacket or vest and a waterproof lined jacket. In addition, a flannel hat, scarf, gloves, hiking shoes, tennis shoes. I'm also taking my Cuddl-duds. That should be enough for us to layer sufficiently. We may look like the Pillsbury Doughboy (or girl), but we should be warm. Does anyone else have suggestions? As for daylight, we were in England (about the same latitude) a few years ago in late May/early June and we had about 2 hrs. of total darkness. At "night" it was sort of like dusk. It should be interesting.

Can someone tell us what kind of weather we should pack for on our Alaskan Cruise on May 7th? I realize that it will still be early spring, but I'm sure the weather will be different than what I may be use to. How long will daylight last at that time of year?

You will need and use a wide range of attire. Lightweight lined jacket, knit hat, gloves, rain gear, layers, 2 pair of walking shoes. turtle necks, sweatshirts, lighter wear. As for daylight, dusk about 9-9:30pm daylight by 6am

Archived