Harmony Sea Pass cards?

We're traveling on HOTS on the June 2 sailing and I have started packing. The question I have is about the sea pass cards. In the past, I always bring lanyards and just have a hole punched in the card. Works like a charm. But I was under the impression that you can't do that with the HOTS sea pass cards? Am I wrong?

I'd love to not have to buy sleeves for our lanyards.

Thanks for your help!

They are reluctant to punch a hole in the card. You may find a GS officer who knows exactly where to punch the hole and is willing to risk it, but you may want to plan on the sleeves.

You are correct about not punching holes in the cards, as this would destroy the RFID chip. What I found extremely convenient was an option offered on Harmony, called WOWbands, which cost only $4.95 and can be worn on your wrist at all times, even in the water, and can open your room as well as all purchasing power - all info from the SeaPass card is transferred over. Just go to Guest Services and they will give you one with the corresponding muster station number and letter on it. The only place these do not work is the gangway, where physical cards are still required. Other than that, they basically replace the SeaPass. I hope I could help, and have a great cruise! Harmony is a remarkable ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’d read that you must take off the wow band every time you use it. For example, each time you go to get a drink at the bar you must take it off and hand it to the bartender. Is there truth to this? Thank you.

Harmony 06/02/18

I’d read that you must take off the wow band every time you use it. For example, each time you go to get a drink at the bar you must take it off and hand it to the bartender. Is there truth to this? Thank you.

Harmony 06/02/18

No, not every time. Only those times when the bar server cannot scan the WOW band.

We had wow bands, and if you are at a bar no problem. There scanners are on long cords.

We also had lanyards with removable plastic sleeves. The sleeve part had a clip. Made it easy to pull card out. Really not a problem.

And if you frequent the same bar, tip and have the package, you won't have to bother with either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

They are reluctant to punch a hole in the card. You may find a GS officer who knows exactly where to punch the hole and is willing to risk it, but you may want to plan on the sleeves.

Thank you. Ordered a 10-pack from Amazon for less than $10, I'm satisfied (and everyone is covered). But, on a follow-up, a lot of folks are recommending the wow band. You're well traveled, do you think they're worth getting?

Thanks again for all of your assistance!

You are correct about not punching holes in the cards, as this would destroy the RFID chip. What I found extremely convenient was an option offered on Harmony, called WOWbands, which cost only $4.95 and can be worn on your wrist at all times, even in the water, and can open your room as well as all purchasing power - all info from the SeaPass card is transferred over. Just go to Guest Services and they will give you one with the corresponding muster station number and letter on it. The only place these do not work is the gangway, where physical cards are still required. Other than that, they basically replace the SeaPass. I hope I could help, and have a great cruise! Harmony is a remarkable ship!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sounds very tempting! I like that everyone can keep it on while swimming and that it opens the door. My son's never been on a cruise and he's prone to distraction (we're always searching for car keys and cell phone) and something that he cannot so easily lose sounds perfect.

You were very helpful. Thank you.

Thank you. Ordered a 10-pack from Amazon for less than $10, I'm satisfied (and everyone is covered). But, on a follow-up, a lot of folks are recommending the wow band. You're well traveled, do you think they're worth getting?

Thanks again for all of your assistance!

It's a personal thing, I would not wear a wrist band, but many like the convenience.

It's a personal thing, I would not wear a wrist band, but many like the convenience.

I'm leaning toward them for my kids because they do tend to misplace things, but not sure how I feel about them for myself and hubby. The only advantage for me that I can see is keeping it on while swimming, but I always have a bag on my chair with my sunglasses and other things and I've never had a problem with losing my card, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

One last question and I'll stop bugging you on this... with the RFID cards, they can scan them *through* the sleeve, right? So I don't have to tug it out each time, can just hand the lanyard and sleeve to the bar tender/waiter, etc?

Thank you again!

I'm leaning toward them for my kids because they do tend to misplace things, but not sure how I feel about them for myself and hubby. The only advantage for me that I can see is keeping it on while swimming, but I always have a bag on my chair with my sunglasses and other things and I've never had a problem with losing my card, so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

One last question and I'll stop bugging you on this... with the RFID cards, they can scan them *through* the sleeve, right? So I don't have to tug it out each time, can just hand the lanyard and sleeve to the bar tender/waiter, etc?

Thank you again!

Yes, the cards can be scanned through the clear plastic sleeve.