20% off excursions. Is it worth it.

andrek

Hi, I just noticed my cruise has 20% off excursions. We are on a South America Cruise, Celebrity Eclipse on Jan 6, 2019. Just wondering if 20% is good? The sale ends in 7 hours. I do not know if they will have more and have more off. Any suggestions on tours that would be good to book through the cruiseline will be helpful. We usually book with other people.

Thanks,

Andrea

Lots of threads on booking thru cruise line vs. doing it on your own. There’s really no downside to bookIng a ship’s excursion in advance as you can always cancel up to a few days before the excursion. So if you see something you like, go for it now and then reconsider as needed.

Using the link from the email, I checked the excursions for our Ireland / Iceland cruise in August. Everything was the same or higher than we originally paid. No banners on any excursions the way they usually are when there's a sale. Not sure if this means no discounts or that they take discounts off later in process??

They don't ever go below 20% off. Not all cruises offer the "sale". And not all excursions will be included. Also "sales" are for a limited time.

In most cases, we book privately. However, there are some ports that have few private guides and fill quickly and way in advance.

None of the excursions for my upcoming 6/27 - 7/8 cruise are on sale. This is in contrast to one or two months ago when there was a similar sale. At that time, all the excursions on my June/July cruise were included in the sale.

I usually don’t book through the cruise line, but we have OBC to use. The red banners on excursions that qualify read “up to 20% off”. I purchased one for $74.

The sale has expired. No more banners. Excursion price? $74.

I guess 0% qualifies as up to 20%. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I didn’t even know there was a “sale” on our August cruise until I read it here yesterday! I guess Celebrity doesn’t email their passengers- we just have to guess there is a sale? Thanks to RIC I saw it in time and was able to get a discount on the internet package. (I think).

No worries; do your research and go with a small group. You can see more, do more and not ride a big bus and follow the leader doing what you could do on your own! Much cheaper too, so always check your role call for those who enjoy setting these up for others to join and/or provide your own...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums