Has Vista been the only ship with the new faster wifi and internet upgrade?

LongHill44

John mentioned they updated the Vita's internet and wifi in late Feb andthat it was really fast and that Carnival would be upgrading all the otherships over the next few months.

Has anyone been on a ship with this new upgrade, if so, thoughts?

John mentioned they updated the Vita's internet and wifi in late Feb andthat it was really fast and that Carnival would be upgrading all the otherships over the next few months.

Has anyone been on a ship with this new upgrade, if so, thoughts?

Horizon also. Early reports are pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival "says" all ships will be retrofitted with the new WiFi equipment by summers end.

I know Glory needs to be next on that list. Got off Glory 2 weeks ago and WOW what a joke their internet is. Purchased the value plan before getting on the ship and it didnt work for nothin. Complained at guest services and they upgraded us for free to the their premium satellite internet and there was absolutely no difference. early 90's dial up was better then Glory's current internet. Last day of cruise we went back to guest services and said the premium internet was useless also. They refunded all our money back.

Carnival "says" all ships will be retrofitted with the new WiFi equipment by summers end.

I know Glory needs to be next on that list. Got off Glory 2 weeks ago and WOW what a joke their internet is. Purchased the value plan before getting on the ship and it didnt work for nothin. Complained at guest services and they upgraded us for free to the their premium satellite internet and there was absolutely no difference. early 90's dial up was better then Glory's current internet. Last day of cruise we went back to guest services and said the premium internet was useless also. They refunded all our money back.

Conquest internet is worse then the Glory, believe it or not!

Horizon also. Early reports are pretty good.

We'll be boarding the Vista this Sat., have bought the Value plan to run a somewhat live thread (daily updates) while we do a B2B, southern/western cruises! We'll definitely comment on the internet!

We'll be boarding the Vista this Sat., have bought the Value plan to run a somewhat live thread (daily updates) while we do a B2B, southern/western cruises! We'll definitely comment on the internet!

Fair enough will look for it. Enjoy your cruise.

I believe it. The Conquest internet was nonexistent. We were refunded both weeks for both plans. Even though I am an avid reader, the lack of TV and internet was quite disturbing. Sometimes you get over heated and want to chill in the cabin for an hour.

I was on the Conquest in mid-March and bought the 24-hour/day Premium plan ($20 per day) on 3 different days during the sailing. It worked fine for me. I was even able to sit out on my balcony and stream music off of YT with little interruption.

Vista internet was great in January. We had the middle package and could make wifi calls and really had no issue with the internet or the hub app. My wife made 30-40 calls from the ship on wifi during our cruise back home to our girls

Internet on the Vista was amazing last month when compared to our cruise one year prior on the same ship! It was like night and day. There was a third party company on our sailing that was walking around different areas of the ship to test the speed. The internet plan was definitely worth the money this time- not that I used it often, but it's nice to have when you want to look up something.

Vista internet was great in January. We had the middle package and could make wifi calls and really had no issue with the internet or the hub app. My wife made 30-40 calls from the ship on wifi during our cruise back home to our girls

How do you make wifi calls?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe it. The Conquest internet was nonexistent. We were refunded both weeks for both plans. Even though I am an avid reader, the lack of TV and internet was quite disturbing. Sometimes you get over heated and want to chill in the cabin for an hour.

Weird. When we were on Conquest two years ago and three years ago, the internet was pretty good. We were able to call home using FB Messenger, and more recently using Wi-Fi calling, without problems.

These were both Eastern Caribbean itineraries and I wonder sometimes if Western isn't slower generally; it was for us on the Vista last October.

How do you make wifi calls?

Your phone has to have the ability to process calls via a Wi-Fi signal and you also have to enable it on your phone. Most late-model phones have the ability to do so.

It was really nifty getting a phone call from home while sitting in the Lido buffet. People looked at me like I was a millionaire or something, able to afford some pricey at-sea phone plan. :)

Weird. When we were on Conquest two years ago and three years ago, the internet was pretty good. We were able to call home using FB Messenger, and more recently using Wi-Fi calling, without problems.

These were both Eastern Caribbean itineraries and I wonder sometimes if Western isn't slower generally; it was for us on the Vista last October.

Your phone has to have the ability to process calls via a Wi-Fi signal and you also have to enable it on your phone. Most late-model phones have the ability to do so.

It was really nifty getting a phone call from home while sitting in the Lido buffet. People looked at me like I was a millionaire or something, able to afford some pricey at-sea phone plan. :)

It does not matter if you are eastern or western Caribbean, the signal is a satellite. AT&T's at sea plan is only $100 a month, not quite a millionaire's expense. A five minute call with Carnival at Sea would only be $15.

The Conquest signal was poor ship wide for 2 different B2B cruises. Everyone, from guest services, bartenders, servers all said it was the worst wifi of any ship they have been on.

Internet on the Vista was amazing last month when compared to our cruise one year prior on the same ship! It was like night and day. There was a third party company on our sailing that was walking around different areas of the ship to test the speed. The internet plan was definitely worth the money this time- not that I used it often, but it's nice to have when you want to look up something.

I agree. The wifi on the Vista was great. We used Skype to call home. We could upload to social media without any problems.