Explorer of the Seas - Solarium, indoor pool?

I'll be cruising to Alaska and Canada on the Explorer of the Seas in August and know there's no indoor pool open to everyone but does anyone know if there is one in the adults only solarium section? I do find it interesting that some of the ships sailing to Mexico and the Caribbean have indoor pools but the Alaska one doesn't since it still gets chilly at night.

Does the solarium on this ship have a retractable roof that can provide climate control? Some of us are considering being in the solarium when we go into Glacier Bay as it probably has some of the best views.

I'll be cruising to Alaska and Canada on the Explorer of the Seas in August and know there's no indoor pool open to everyone but does anyone know if there is one in the adults only solarium section? I do find it interesting that some of the ships sailing to Mexico and the Caribbean have indoor pools but the Alaska one doesn't since it still gets chilly at night.

Does the solarium on this ship have a retractable roof that can provide climate control? Some of us are considering being in the solarium when we go into Glacier Bay as it probably has some of the best views.

No indoor pool. It is not enclosed

2_solarium.jpg

f2_solarium.jpg

I do find it interesting that some of the ships sailing to Mexico and the Caribbean have indoor pools but the Alaska one doesn't since it still gets chilly at night.

The other Alaska ship, Radiance, does. The non-indoor pool on Explorer applies to that entire class of ship. The Ovation, which will be replacing Explorer next year, also does. It really has nothing to do with sailing to Alaska.

According to the deck plans on the RCI website, Explorer has a solarium. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/explorer-of-the-seas/things-to-do/solarium

True, Explorer does have an adult (age 16+) Solarium, but it is not covered.

No indoor pools on Explorer.

In 2018, Ovation will replace Explorer in Alaska, and it has a couple of indoor pool areas.

We were aboard the sister ship to Explorer the Navigator and while it does not have an enclosed cold pool, it does have a nice large hot tub pool in the indoor gym area. You can find pics if you look at the reviews section for the Explorer find pics of the spa gym......we enjoyed many soaks there if it's cold. We'll be aboard Explorer in September for a four night Victoria sailing out of Seattle.

We were aboard the sister ship to Explorer the Navigator and while it does not have an enclosed cold pool, it does have a nice large hot tub pool in the indoor gym area. You can find pics if you look at the reviews section for the Explorer find pics of the spa gym......we enjoyed many soaks there if it's cold. We'll be aboard Explorer in September for a four night Victoria sailing out of Seattle.

Royal has been removing those indoor hot tubs on Voyager class ships. May have already been removed on Explorer.

Royal has been removing those indoor hot tubs on Voyager class ships. May have already been removed on Explorer.

Oh I really hope this is not the case on board Explorer.....does anyone know who has sailed her recently.....?