Room Cleaning Schedule

Hi - I haven't sailed carnival in several years but we are going on the Magic in 4 weeks. It seems strange to me that they've changed their room cleaning schedule to once a day unless requested. Do most people typically request both morning and evening? I would definitely prefer both but I feel a little bad if they're giving them more rooms to clean because of the new schedule. Just wondering how that's been working. Thanks for any feedback!

Prefer/expect twice a day but we are pretty good at not trashing the room making it easier on our room steward. We tip extra for the service.

That's standard service, still. The steward doesn't want to do more than they have to, like a lot of workers, but it is still their job to do it and we don't have to feel like we are putting them out.

I am one of the few on here that seems to think having the stewards ask is a good thing, and not a "cut back." What if you are a night person and sleep in til 11 or 12? You may not want morning service. Or what if you are not in your room after you vacate until midnight? You may only want your room serviced in the morning.

Personally, we ask for both and have received it with a smile and without issue. We keep our room tidy and appreciate them making the bed (they do such a good job!) in the morning, and providing us fresh towels while we are at dinner because we shower before we go out.

I also do not think it is a cut back that you need to request robes (how much waste to have to wash them every time the room changes over because it is unknown if they were used!) or hairdryers.

I like the new system because it allows you to personalize your service while making things more efficient and environmentally friendly.

I’m a little confused by what’s going on as there doesn’t seem to be an official cutback given people are experiencing both once and twice a day service. Is it one of those unofficial things that they do once a day until you ask ? Or is there really a new policy for once a day.

Please clarify

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by LuckyZ

I’m a little confused by what’s going on as there doesn’t seem to be an official cutback given people are experiencing both once and twice a day service. Is it one of those unofficial things that they do once a day until you ask ? Or is there really a new policy for once a day.

Please clarify

People will say it was a cutback, but I like A&Jfamily stated (see post # 10 ) see it as a way to save money without offending people.

It may have not been rolled out properly, but in all of my cruises I have never been told only Am or PM service. I have asked for both and received both with a smile.

Your cabin steward should ask you or give you a card, where you simply state if you want Am, Pm, or both, with those choices on the card. Select what you want.

I can see when they gave the stewards more cabins to do with less help, that a few might have tried to "persude' passengers to select one or the other. Was never the case for me, and as I do feel sorry for the stewards, I feel they are the hardest working crew members on the ship. I do tip them extra the last day of the cruise if service was what I expected and exceptional.

The steward typically cleans during the day when most people are off the ship or eating lunch. Evening service is a turn-down, where they put a towel animal and straighten up. I suppose they could do a full cleaning if the cabin was not cleaned earlier but they don't do two full cleanings per day in any case.

This is getting very confusing now. At first glance it sounds like it’s once a day. Now I’m hearing they still do cleaning once a day and a turn down service with fresh towels at night. Which is what we’ve been used to for many many years.

Would someone please tell me what’s changed pleas

it's been said several times on this thread, once or twice, it's your choice. On our last 3 cruises, we were not asked and received twice a day service.

Ok this is too much and too confusing. I'm outta here

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did our first carnival cruise in April. Both our cabins had once per day service. We were never asked, that’s what was provided. Seemed standard to a newbie. I’d say the new normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did our first carnival cruise in April. Both our cabins had once per day service. We were never asked, that’s what was provided. Seemed standard to a newbie. I’d say the new normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No...it isn't a new normal. Your room steward probably figured out you all were first time cruisers and took advantage. The new normal is you get a choice and that choice depends on your schedule (do you like to sleep in without being disturbed). The stewards have cards that indicate the choices available...Morning only, Evening only or both. Personally we request both and receive it.

No...it isn't a new normal. Your room steward probably figured out you all were first time cruisers and took advantage. The new normal is you get a choice and that choice depends on your schedule (do you like to sleep in without being disturbed). The stewards have cards that indicate the choices available...Morning only, Evening only or both. Personally we request both and receive it.

Finally somebody that is explaining this with some clarity and common sense.

Thank you