Princess Circle Magazine Pappardelle Recipe

geoherb

I made the recipe for buckwheat pappardelle with carbonara sauce for tonight's dinner. Chef Angelo Auriana created it for Sabatini's. It's in the Vol. 1, 2018, issue of the magazine. I did have to cut back on the amount of flour for the pasta. The recipe calls for four pounds of flour for six servings. I used less than a pound for two servings plus have some leftovers.

For dessert, I made a steamed orange marmalade pudding with custard sauce using some of our Scotch whisky mini bottles.

I made the recipe for buckwheat pappardelle with carbonara sauce for tonight's dinner. Chef Angelo Auriana created it for Sabatini's. It's in the Vol. 1, 2018, issue of the magazine. I did have to cut back on the amount of flour for the pasta. The recipe calls for four pounds of flour for six servings. I used less than a pound for two servings plus have some leftovers.

For dessert, I made a steamed orange marmalade pudding with custard sauce using some of our Scotch whisky mini bottles.

How did it turn out and can I come for dinner?

Hmmm funny thing, I'm one cruise away from elite and I have never received a Princess Circle Magazine.

How is the Carbonara sauce made, if you don't mind sharing?

Carbonara is a sauce made from pancetta (or bacon) with cream and eggs and Parmesan cheese. The Princess recipe for six is:

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 pound pancetta or bacon, cubed

1/4 cup onion, chopped

3 garlic cloves, finely chopped

1 cup heavy cream

1/2 cup milk

1 egg, beaten

1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano plus more for serving

2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped

salt and pepper to taste

I left out the olive oil since I was using bacon. I also blotted out most of the bacon grease after browning it, leaving enough to cook the onion, garlic, and mushrooms (that I added). Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Whisk together the cream, milk, and egg. Cook pasta, drain, then add to the skillet with the egg mixture and simmer for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.

I mixed the cheese into the sauce and saved the crumbled bacon out for topping with the basil.