Facilities in the cabins on Sapphire Princess sailing from Southampton?

Scorpio41

I don’t wish to sound ignorant but is a thermostatically controlled kettle the same thing as a kettle with an automatic switch off? I am very excited at the possibility of having a kettle in the cabin after all. :D

I don’t wish to sound ignorant but is a thermostatically controlled kettle the same thing as a kettle with an automatic switch off? I am very excited at the possibility of having a kettle in the cabin after all. :D

Based on this statement that I found online, a thermostatically controlled kettle and a kettle with an automatic switch off are the same thing. :)

There is a thermal disk at or as part of the manual switch. Once the water reaches 212 F (actually a bit less, I believe 208F at that location) and holds for five or so seconds, the switch shuts the kettle off“.

Hopefully you won’t have any issues but sometimes on Princess the description consistently inconsistent applies. ;)

If so have them call Jan for clarification. :confused:

I've asked for clarification again. My auto shut-off thermostatically controlled kettle was confiscated on the Star Princess 2 years ago as the Captain did not allow them. The onboard manual allowed for thermostatically controlled items --like mine -- but this was the captain's prerogative. I complained via Princess customer service. After that the note in the prohibited items appeared; I also have not taken my kettle onboard since. I have asked for a written clarification on their policy. Perhaps others would do the same.

I've asked for clarification again. My auto shut-off thermostatically controlled kettle was confiscated on the Star Princess 2 years ago as the Captain did not allow them. The onboard manual allowed for thermostatically controlled items --like mine -- but this was the captain's prerogative. I complained via Princess customer service. After that the note in the prohibited items appeared; I also have not taken my kettle onboard since. I have asked for a written clarification on their policy. Perhaps others would do the same.

And the Captain was??? I shall be careful not to sail with him (or her);)

And the Captain was??? I shall be careful not to sail with him (or her);)

Sorry don't remember. Apart from the kettle incident he was very charming and talked to everyone individually at our meet and greet.