Azamara Feb. 20, 2019

legalgirl

What port?

There are many threads here about every port...a little reading will get you a lot of info on every Florida port. Lots of threads on hotels. Note you are going in peak period...things will be expensive.

Just off the top of my head, I know it is about 25 or so minutes in Miami, 10-15 minutes in Ft Lauderdale, 45-50 minutes in Orlando, and 25 or so minutes in Tampa.

Azamara Journey is sailing from PortMiami, but what airport are you flying into, MIA or FLL?

From MIA, the port is approximately 20 minutes, and from FLL approximately 50+ minutes (depending on day, time, and traffic conditions).

There is a plethora of information on the boards for Miami area hotels (Downtown, Brickell, South Beach, etc.). February is a peak travel month, and since President's Day is February 18, expect hotel pricing to be escalated, so you will have to do some research for a hotel that fits within your budget. Book soon!

I agree with Brunello - book your flights ASAP and then book a hotel you can live with that can be cancelled without penalty, and then keep shopping.

Many POM cruisers choose to fly in/out of FLL to save $$; www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel info. Uber or Lyft can get you from FLL area to POM for about $35+ (for the car) or there are several shared shuttles that will make the trip for about $15 per person (SAS, QLS and Go Airport are the most often suggested). The same options will get you back to FLL from POM after the cruise.

For flights from MIA I would book a return flight leaving after about 11:00AM to be safe, and after noon if flying from FLL.

Good luck with your planning! :)