Princess Sun Reported Passenger Overboard South of Singapore

Expat Cruise

Like this:

In 2007, two students came back from spring break with one heck of a story. A 22-year-old man and his 20-year-old female companion fell off a balcony into the Gulf of Mexico during a night of partying aboard the Grand Princess.

What led to their terrifying plunge is unclear: Reports circulated that they had been either re-enacting the “king of the world” scene from “Titanic” or horsing around on the balcony (the fact that he was found naked had people speculating even more, although he says he’d taken off his clothes to help him swim).

Fortunately for them, their friends saw them fall into the water, and they quickly alerted the ship’s crew. The woman was rescued about a half-hour after the man. Neither suffered life-threatening injuries; in fact, he was seen partying on the ship for the rest of the cruise.

and this:

This 2009 incident is a case of a man literally going overboard during an argument. During a cruise aboard the Carnival Sensation, a 34-year-old man went over his balcony and into the Atlantic just off Port St. Lucie. Just before that, a witness reported hearing him argue with a female companion inside the stateroom and threaten to jump. ”Go ahead,” the woman reportedly responded.

After he was in the water for about an hour screaming for help, the man was rescued by another ship, the Disney Wonder, which had changed its course to help. The Disney Wonder captain told ABC News that the victim was “beaming — big smile all over his face” after his rescue. But, the captain added, “I think he obviously regrets what had happened.”

The man was taken to the hospital for physical and mental evaluation. Let’s hope they also threw in some couples counseling.

and this:

Proof that good decisions are rarely made at 4 in the morning: In June 2009, a passenger aboard the Carnival Inspiration fell overboard about a mile southeast of Florida’s Mullet Key.

The passenger, a 46-year-old man, later recounted that he had climbed the railing to get a better look at a pilot boat but slipped and fell. He was rescued almost three hours later, when someone on a boat found him hugging a pilot marker in the shipping channel.

Proof that if you are drunk or an idiot anything can happen! :)

The 2009 incident noted above was interesting. There are some great videos on youtube taken from both ships; the best are from Carnival. Their lifeboat got caught in the rigging and couldn't be lowered. Passengers on board Carnival commented on the difference between the Carnival and Disney search lights. The very drunk individual was ultimately taken to the medical facility on the Wonder. He was demanding that he be returned to the Carnival ship. Both ships arrived in Port Canaveral the next morning as scheduled.

On at least one video taken from the Wonder, you can hear Captain Guus giving instructions to the crew, etc. He was staff captain on a Magic cruise we did that spring and fairly beamed when I complimented him on his efficiency during the incident.

You will be fine and have a blast cruise number 30 coming up have not fallen or been murdered yet! Although hubby is looking at me funny! ..lol

Oh, I hope so! I am sure your hubby will take good care of you! Mine takes good care of me.

Oh, I hope so! I am sure your hubby will take good care of you! Mine takes good care of me.

He really does hope yours does the same :) Today is our 39th Anniversary. Too bad I am sick but he is spoiling me!

Oh wait perfect day to book a cruise!!!!!! :)

Like this:

In 2007, two students came back from spring break with one heck of a story. A 22-year-old man and his 20-year-old female companion fell off a balcony into the Gulf of Mexico during a night of partying aboard the Grand Princess.

What led to their terrifying plunge is unclear: Reports circulated that they had been either re-enacting the “king of the world” scene from “Titanic” or horsing around on the balcony (the fact that he was found naked had people speculating even more, although he says he’d taken off his clothes to help him swim).

Fortunately for them, their friends saw them fall into the water, and they quickly alerted the ship’s crew. The woman was rescued about a half-hour after the man. Neither suffered life-threatening injuries; in fact, he was seen partying on the ship for the rest of the cruise.

and this:

This 2009 incident is a case of a man literally going overboard during an argument. During a cruise aboard the Carnival Sensation, a 34-year-old man went over his balcony and into the Atlantic just off Port St. Lucie. Just before that, a witness reported hearing him argue with a female companion inside the stateroom and threaten to jump. ”Go ahead,” the woman reportedly responded.

After he was in the water for about an hour screaming for help, the man was rescued by another ship, the Disney Wonder, which had changed its course to help. The Disney Wonder captain told ABC News that the victim was “beaming — big smile all over his face” after his rescue. But, the captain added, “I think he obviously regrets what had happened.”

The man was taken to the hospital for physical and mental evaluation. Let’s hope they also threw in some couples counseling.

and this:

Proof that good decisions are rarely made at 4 in the morning: In June 2009, a passenger aboard the Carnival Inspiration fell overboard about a mile southeast of Florida’s Mullet Key.

The passenger, a 46-year-old man, later recounted that he had climbed the railing to get a better look at a pilot boat but slipped and fell. He was rescued almost three hours later, when someone on a boat found him hugging a pilot marker in the shipping channel.

They should charge those idiots a significant fee for the costs the cruise line incurred for rescuing them. They should also charge them for the possible inconvenience to every passenger on the ship who might have missed a port or had less time in a port. The idiots might then realize although I doubt it that there are downsides for being stupid or drunk.

DON