luggage

Are there any posted sizes of luggage that you can carryon to the ship? whenever I call and ask RC they tell me how you can carry any size on, but I don't want to be surprised when I get there. My cruise is in a week and I still don't have a stateroom, so would prefer to carryon a large suitcase as opposed to laving with porter.

thanks!

That’s what I assumed, had to be same size as TSA carryon but they assure me I can carry on any size as long as it’s not bigger than me. Seems ridiculous they can’t give you a straight answer

That’s what I assumed, had to be same size as TSA carryon but they assure me I can carry on any size as long as it’s not bigger than me. Seems ridiculous they can’t give you a straight answer

The common answer is "has to fit through a scanner". The reality is that as long as you can move it, it doesn't matter. You may however end up having to haul the thing somewhere so it can be thoroughly searched.

See RCI answer: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/onboard-luggage-policy.

Are there any posted sizes of luggage that you can carryon to the ship? whenever I call and ask RC they tell me how you can carry any size on, but I don't want to be surprised when I get there. My cruise is in a week and I still don't have a stateroom, so would prefer to carryon a large suitcase as opposed to laving with porter.

thanks!

The answer is it must fit through the x-ray machine being used at the port you are embarking from. I don't believe there is a standard machine in use at all ports used by RCI.

Given that I have seen times where suitcases on the large end of the size scale have been denied and had to be checked in via the Porters.

So I would say if you have a mid sized case it should be OK.