Anytime dining. Private or shared table? Preference?

LeCricket

Upon making reservations for Select Dining in advance through Cruise Planner, is there the ability to request a dining table size such as Table for Two?

No. When you first board the ship and after enjoying your first flute of sparkling wine ;):champagne-toast: go to the SD podium and request your table size.

No. When you first board the ship and after enjoying your first flute of sparkling wine ;):champagne-toast: go to the SD podium and request your table size.

What and where is the SD podium?

On our last trip when Select was unavailable and we were wait listed we went directly to the MDR and spoke directly to the Maitre D who switched us over from the early dining time

Interesting conversation. Thanks! I didn’t know if it would be odd to request to sit with others at anytime ( or select ) dining. Sometimes we’re in the mood for it, other times not, but I like having the option. Our previous cruises we have always had a table for our family or with our friends. First cruise with just DH and I and we’re talkers. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

well I might be different to some posters on this thread, but we enjoyed having a big table with other people on that we could talk to..... we liked conversing with others and finding out where they are from...etc... one couple we had at our table most nights were from Northern San Diego, they were religious, didn't drink and voted for Trump....

We had breakfast on the MDR a few mornings and also sat with others... we met a couple from Florida who were on their 50th cruise!

We like the choice to decide whether to share or take a two top. We never make reservations and rarely have to wait. On our recent Silhouette TA we asked to share a table, but ended up on a table dominated by a man who wanted to discuss his right to carry a gun, why he would never go to Canada because he couldn't take his gun and how he was not protected on the ship because he couldn't take his gun. We left before dessert and made sure we never sat with him again. I respect anyone's right to hold views, but please don't try to impose them on me. Thank goodness we were not on set dining with him.

Interesting discussion, different people are what make the world go round.

Our last trip was in AQ, and one of the few things I didn't like about Blu was the slightly awkward, too close to be polite, but yet separate 2 top tables. I'm a dinner surveyor, that is when I'm deciding what to order, I tend to be craning my neck watching what the waitstaff is bringing out, and what the people at the next table are eating - that can be a little intrusive in Blu, had to rein in that tendency, LOL.

The flip side though is we have always cruised with other people, and our, admittedly isolated, experiences with being at a table with random people has not been the best...

We do enjoy meeting people in bars (now we sound like a sit-com with a laugh track), my husband can chat up anyone, and I do my best.

I guess my perfect situation would be a table for 8 and 2 or 3 reservations in specialty restaurants to break up having to be sociable.