Majesty of the Seas 5 Night Key West & Cuba Cruise - May 14, 2018 - Mini Review

Hi great report, who did you book your tour with may I ask!

Thanks

I booked a 2 day private tour, so I will just let them know I can't guarantee the time and I am sure they will be flexible. The tour I booked, after much research (I am retired), was saving more than $50.00 p/p, that's for sure! I was able to pick everything I wanted to see and do. (walking tour, Classic Convertible Car tour, Jazz Club, Hemingway's former residence and farm to table experience). I have booked private tours all over the world, with much success. :cool:

Looking so forward to seeing Cuba and because the ship wasn't filling up enough I got a great price. I only booked this cruise a little more than a month ago. :D So all information is appreciated.

I got an email about 2 days before my cruise telling me to fill out the affidavit before I arrived at the terminal. I almost missed seeing the email. When I arrived at the terminal there were affidavit forms and plenty of people hadn't filled theirs out ahead of time, so it didn't matter. But it was nice to have it filled out ahead of time, to save time.

Since some people have commented on the affidavit, I wanted to remind everyone that you are supposed to keep a copy for a set number of years (5?) May seem silly because who would ever ask? Well, if you subsequently enroll in the Global Entry program, they ask for it. If you don’t bring to your interview, you will need to email the officer a copy.

I had a private tour on Empress (over a year ago), and had no problem getting off the ship - they just let me slide in between the groups. I don’t think I will ever forget the reaction of my guide when I gave her a tip at the end of the tour. Really made me realize how much I take for granted - my tip (small to me) equaled what she usually made in a month.

Alter Ego, if you already have Global Entry, are there any actions needed after a visit to Cuba? Do they ask you to email them a copy of your itinerary or anything else? What if you are renewing the GE in a couple of years?

I had a private tour on Empress (over a year ago), and had no problem getting off the ship - they just let me slide in between the groups. I don’t think I will ever forget the reaction of my guide when I gave her a tip at the end of the tour. Really made me realize how much I take for granted - my tip (small to me) equaled what she usually made in a month.

And also spreads tipping to other parts of the world. I avoid tipping in the US and have no plans to do so in foreign lands.