Credit cards-Currency

Mike56

I'm flying to Amsterdam for 2 days before flying to Copenhagen for my cruise on the Regal Princess. I know that they accept credit cards almost everywhere. Is there any need for Euros, Danish Kroners, or Swedish Kronors? I'm probably going to get $100 in Euros before I leave.

Thanks, Mike:)

Unless you are buying something small from a street vendor or such, no real need for local currency. Some places do have a minimum amount for a credit card, but it is typically about $5. If you do need local currency, an ATM will give it to you.

Two weeks back from Baltic. Never got any currency except Euros. Most of the Baltic countries and the Netherlands will accept Euros and if not then cc works. Never ran across a minimum for using a cc. Even bought coffees and sodas with cc. The only place you HAVE to have coins is if take a bus tour to Berlin. Rest stop gas station WC costs .70e. The counter will not change dollars so ... might have to find a bush out back.

I'm flying to Amsterdam for 2 days before flying to Copenhagen for my cruise on the Regal Princess. I know that they accept credit cards almost everywhere. Is there any need for Euros, Danish Kroners, or Swedish Kronors? I'm probably going to get $100 in Euros before I leave.

Thanks, Mike:)

Euros will be good for Amsterdam and any remaining can be used in Estonia and Finland. When we were in Helsinki we took the shuttle to market Square. The RT cost was something like 3 Euros. I don't remember if they accepted credit cards. You could also pay in US$ with no change.

In Copenhagen the canal tour accepts Euros and US$ as well as Danish Kroners. One day we took the train to Malmo. We were able to pay train fare in US$. Almost all locations will accept credit cards. You can easily obtain Korners at an ATM. We did not require any other local currency.