Dog sledding on Mendenhall Glacier

dkb.

From my TEMSCO reservation for the same tour.

What to wear?

It is very hard to predict the weather on a glacier. Expect at least 10 degrees cooler on the glacier than in town, with heavy winds. Dress in warm layers– hats, gloves and sunglasses are highly recommended. And don’t forget a raincoat!

Prohibited items

We provide locked storage for the duration of your tour as we do not allow the following items:

• Bags, purses, backpacks, camera cases.
  • Selfie or GoPro extender sticks (small or large.)
  • iPads, Kindles or any other Tablet device.
  • Drones

Wesley

Help. I am booked on this and want to know how to dress for this excursion. Taking a helicopter there

Having landed on Mendenhall ourselves, I can say we wore jeans, layered shirts, Hats and gloves. We also had on flannel lined rain coats and were just right. There is more snow up where the dogs are located. We were down on the ice so you might not need as many layers. We had leather tennis shoes on and we had to wear ice grippers supplied by the helicopter company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Be sure to bring the Foster Grants! (if you say.. "what is that" I will know you are youngish)

Just "who is that, in those foster grants?" :eek:

I booked the same excursion for August. DW is really looking forward to it.

I hope it is not cancelled since they cancel it so often. My husband will not go with me because he doesn’t want the helicopter ride. But it should be great. I’m just glad for the dressing advice from everyone.

I hope it is not cancelled since they cancel it so often. My husband will not go with me because he doesn’t want the helicopter ride. But it should be great. I’m just glad for the dressing advice from everyone.

Your Husband is missing a memory of a life time!

Did this with my daughter years ago and we still talk about the helicopter ride as much as being on the glacier.

They cancelled about half of the flights the day we were there in May.

That said, layers is the key to all of Alaska. Make certain you have something for rain as well.

We hiked out to the glacier in thermals, pants, t shirts, and light jackets, used sweatshirts and heavier jackets along with rain gear on the glacier.