HAL replacing ParkWest

sppunk

To the people wanting them to be thrown off the ship:They have to make money somehow..#wuuut

So I am back from my cruise. As others told you, you need to stop taking this so seriously. Would you have preferred it if I asked when they were being evicted? And HAL made the decision to stop using ParkWest so I don't see why you would suggest that my asking them would make any difference? They're leaving whether I ask or not.

In any event, I asked when they were leaving the ship and I was told August.

Looks like they decorate with art. If Seattle removes the wonderful art from the pre-Pinnacle ships, that may well be the sign that it's time for us to find another cruise line. In the 6 years we have sailed on HAL we have had wonderful experiences, made new friends and enjoyed the art and the Dutch-ness of the ships. I'm sure they could make a lot of money selling the wonderful items on the R & S ships in particular.

BTW the way, the comment that ArtLink will be on all ships by the end of 2018 EXCEPT Prinsendam, is another piece of evidence that P-dam is going bye-bye.

Looks like they decorate with art. If Seattle removes the wonderful art from the pre-Pinnacle ships, that may well be the sign that it's time for us to find another cruise line. In the 6 years we have sailed on HAL we have had wonderful experiences, made new friends and enjoyed the art and the Dutch-ness of the ships. I'm sure they could make a lot of money selling the wonderful items on the R & S ships in particular.
Are you thinking that ParkWest leaving will affect the art on display on the ship? Why do you think the two are related? The only place I've ever see PW art is in their "gallery" and where the auction is being held.

Are you thinking that ParkWest leaving will affect the art on display on the ship? Why do you think the two are related? The only place I've ever see PW art is in their "gallery" and where the auction is being held.

I don't know that they will, although, as I read it, they will start with a more general program and add art for sale after a while. Read under "projects" on their website.

Basically the company installs art in hotels, resorts, and now ships.

The art they offered was as real as the champagne they gave away. Happy to see them go and hope they aren't replaced by another scam company. We have a friend who bought 30 grand of junk from them and she got 2 free cruises as a bonus hoping she'd drop more cash on them. Buy from local artists and you have a chance to see something that might appreciate in value or reflect where you went on your cruise.