Embarkation process

Little jimmy

When we land at airport, I'm assuming we collect our luggage, find the Norwegian cruises rep to be transfered to the port, what happens then, I have no idea what to expect. Do I have to complete forms or should I have already done this, do we then go onto ship and have to check in at reception. How long is it till cases usually arrive. many thanks for any information. getting so excited now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

When we land at airport, I'm assuming we collect our luggage, find the Norwegian cruises rep to be transfered to the port, what happens then, I have no idea what to expect. Do I have to complete forms or should I have already done this, do we then go onto ship and have to check in at reception. How long is it till cases usually arrive. many thanks for any information. getting so excited now.

Best to post this on the dedicated NCL forum, where you will likely reach many more cruisers with direct experience:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

With most cruise lines if you are using their shuttle service to get to the pier, you will collect your luggage at baggage claim and identify yourself to the cruise line rep there - they will be holding a cruise line sign. Once everyone who is on that shuttle is gathered, you will board the shuttle to the pier.

Once there, you will check in your luggage with the porters outside and proceed to check in. Assuming you have have your docs printed and proper ID at hand (suggest you confirm with your cruise line as to exactly what that is for your itinerary) you will be checked in and will either have a short wait or begin to board after check in. Boarding typically begins around 11:00 - 11:30. Note that you will need to be on board typically 90 minutes before departure time.

Your luggage will be delivered to your stateroom sometime in the afternoon or early evening. Bring anything you need - medicines, documents, ID, valuables, maybe a change of clothes - with you in a carry on. Have lunch and explore the ship. On most cruise lines the staterooms are ready to occupy around 1:00 - 1:30.

BTW, it is not necessary to use the cruise line shuttle to the pier. That will be a large van or bus that will not leave the airport until it is full. You can take a taxi or Uber (assuming US departure) more conveniently and usually cheaper than the cruise line shuttle and get to the pier faster. Up to you.

Enjoy your cruise.