Help with choosing a cabin

Bonnie Girl

After many years of waiting, we are finally hoping to go on our first cruise to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. We have decided on a fjords cruise on Azura, and have also decided on a mid ship balcony cabin on c deck. I would be very grateful for recommendations of any particular cabins from previous cruisers, as we are totally unfamiliar with the whole process and it is all rather daunting. Many thanks.

I think you have made a perfect choice for your first cruise.

I am sure you will get advice from the other forum members but IMO Cruising the fjords on Azura in a balcony mid ship on c deck sounds perfect.

I'm sure you will have a great time.:)

BTW, what time of the year are you planning to take your cruise.

Edited by P-L-B

The balcony size on C Deck is larger than generally found on the other decks for standard balcony cabins. If you book a midships balcony cabin on C Deck it will be an HA grade cabin. If you went slightly forward or aft it will be an HB grade cabin and a bit cheaper. This is where the "Free Upgrade" option is important to understand. If I booked an HB grade on C Deck and accepted free upgrades as an option I might be upgraded to a higher grade cabin on another deck with a smaller balcony.

If I booked an HB grade Balcony with Shower cabin on C Deck I would go for the NO Free Upgrades option.

If I booked an HA grade Balcony with Shower cabin on C Deck I would go for the Free Upgrades option.

This is because in the unlikely event of a free upgrade my cabin CATEGORY would change to get to the next highest grade which is a Superior Deluxe Balcony with Bath/Shower. So I gain a proper bath tub and a significantly bigger cabin with a separate sitting area and my balcony does not change much but I would end up on Deck D or Deck E.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

John, as always very good and useful advice but hopefully you agree that the OP should be made aware of the fact that the balconies on Deck D and E are fully overlooked. Whereas on Deck C they are only partially overlooked. Not a problem for some I know, but could be an issue for others.

John, as always very good and useful advice but hopefully you agree that the OP should be made aware of the fact that the balconies on Deck D and E are fully overlooked. Whereas on Deck C they are only partially overlooked. Not a problem for some I know, but could be an issue for others.

Apologies, should have said it's Deck D balconies that are fully overlooked.

This link may be helpful to the OP.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1508267

Thank you for your reply’s, we are planning on going next May so it’s a while off yet but already getting excited about it ��

We've been twice, Britannia in August 2016 and Ventura in late April into early May 2013 and we thoroughly enjoyed both cruises.

We had good weather on both cruises but obviously April/May a little cooler.

You will find lots of useful information on the forums regarding your ports of calls.

We are booked on Azura on C deck in cabin C329. We have been in this cabin on Ventura so are hoping that it will be as good. We have been in C401 and C405 and although these are nice and central and near the lifts, there is a considerable saving getting a cabin nearer the front.

We've had aft cabins, the ones that overlook the wake and would recommend the ones at the corners as they also have huge balconies. C752, 753 get amazing views. We prefer cabins slightly further back that mid-ships because of convenience to the stair-case and lifts so we go for C deck but numbers in the low 700s. We also prefer even numbers (port side).

We've just returned from the fjords on Azura- had a lovely time and the weather was wonderful.We originally booked C701 but got upgraded to C615. We were really pleased with the upgrade but the original would have been fine.We enjoyed the balcony too!

Hi...first cruise ...wonderful. We have been to the Fjords twice....plus another one booked... and you definitely need a balcony. Deck C is the best deck for standard side view balconies on Azura/Ventura. jeanlyon is quite correct in that there will be more movement in the aft facing balconies ...but....in the aft facing balconies you will have the all round views of the Fjords on both sides whereas you will only have the views on one side in a side balcony. Yes you can have the view of the other side on the approach but that could be in the middle of the night. On both our cruises the sea was very very calm....hardly any movement at all but that isn't guaranteed.

Hi...first cruise ...wonderful. We have been to the Fjords twice....plus another one booked... and you definitely need a balcony. Deck C is the best deck for standard side view balconies on Azura/Ventura. jeanlyon is quite correct in that there will be more movement in the aft facing balconies ...but....in the aft facing balconies you will have the all round views of the Fjords on both sides whereas you will only have the views on one side in a side balcony. Yes you can have the view of the other side on the approach but that could be in the middle of the night. On both our cruises the sea was very very calm....hardly any movement at all but that isn't guaranteed.

We have just returned from the fjords on Azura,we had balcony cabin c258 and we thought it was in a perfect position. We had lovely weather and made good use of the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on C deck midships last year - C436 - absolutely wonderful location - a few steps from stairs and lifts but never heard any noise. Perfectly situated so you didn't have that far to walk to both front and rear venues etc and the atrium was just a lift ride away. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app