HAL Know before you go

Ladyaruba

I am going on my first ever cruise and have read everything I could on the HAL site and also lots on Cruise Critic

HAL offers lots of information if you are going on one of their ships!

Not sure why the need for some of the questions asked here.

I found out all I needed to know about tipping, appropriate apparel for dining, etc from HAL.

I have asked for opinions here though and have gotten some great ideas/tips!

Congratulations on taking your first HAL cruise. Wishing you a safe and joyous cruise.

Yes, HAL does provide a lot of information on its site. Some people though would rather ask a question here than search for the answer on HAL themselves. The Know Before You Go document is a wonderful source and will answer a lot of questions.

And I agree, CC can be a wonderful source of little tidbits that HAL doesn't always make public. Isn't it wonderful that so many people so willingly share.

I am going on my first ever cruise and have read everything I could on the HAL site and also lots on Cruise Critic

HAL offers lots of information if you are going on one of their ships!

I found out all I needed to know about tipping, appropriate apparel for dining, etc from HAL.

I have asked for opinions here though and have gotten some great ideas/tips!

I totally agree. Most of what you need to know about cruising with HAL is covered in their “Know Before You Go” pamphlet and the FAQs. I think some people ask questions, not because they are confused and really want clarification, but because they don’t like what’s published by HAL so are looking for validation that it’s acceptable to apply their own interpretation.

Ah, but the forum is so much more than mere Information & Referral. It is also a place to chat about cruising, elaborate on and clarify some of the 'factual' information found in the booklet, and fill in some of the gaps between what Seattle thinks happens on the ships, and real life.

Enjoy your first cruise. If you are like so many others on this board, I won't be your last.

Congratulations on taking your first HAL cruise. Wishing you a safe and joyous cruise.

Yes, HAL does provide a lot of information on its site. Some people though would rather ask a question here than search for the answer on HAL themselves. The Know Before You Go document is a wonderful source and will answer a lot of questions.

And I agree, CC can be a wonderful source of little tidbits that HAL doesn't always make public. Isn't it wonderful that so many people so willingly share.

Yes, very happy that people share information! I have gotten lots of great tips here!

Ah, but the forum is so much more than mere Information & Referral. It is also a place to chat about cruising, elaborate on and clarify some of the 'factual' information found in the booklet, and fill in some of the gaps between what Seattle thinks happens on the ships, and real life.

Enjoy your first cruise. If you are like so many others on this board, I won't be your last.

Very true!

BTW,

I am from Ashaway RI!

Sometimes you don't know the questions until you have the experience. :) Welcome to Cruise Critic and enjoy your cruise!

Ditto

Way back when I would only come on CC when we prepare to go on a cruise. Now, its more about chatting and helping others