Which 2 bedroom Haven Bliss/Encore suite would you book and why?

david_sobe

I've been thinking of booking Encore. Has anyone sailed Bliss in a 2 bedroom? I saw video of one suite having an extended balcony while others don't. I was looking at cabins forward 17100 next to the solarium. Does anyone know what that box is on the sketch of the deck plans across from 17100?

THANKS in advance for anyone's input.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I discovered that the balconies on deck 17 Bliss (2 bedroom Haven) are larger than deck 18. If you look from outside the ship you can see the railings that go across the bathroom windows.

Here are 2 videos. One from deck 17 and deck 18. The balcony on deck 17 is not only wider but seems deeper. Is the room smaller inside? Its weird because the outside appears to be flush so somehow the rooms are configured a bit different.

Deck 17

Look how big the balcony is (17718)

Deck 18 (18182) Balcony is smaller

It has been discussed on CC, and verified, that the (2) BR Haven balconies on 17 are larger than 18 on the Bliss. On 17, they do run the length of the room, although the narrow strip that runs in front of the bedroom is not really usable space, IMO. The depth of the balcony in the area, in front of the sliding door, is welcome space.

I think I discovered that the balconies on deck 17 Bliss (2 bedroom Haven) are larger than deck 18. If you look from outside the ship you can see the railings that go across the bathroom windows.

Here are 2 videos. One from deck 17 and deck 18. The balcony on deck 17 is not only wider but seems deeper. Is the room smaller inside? Its weird because the outside appears to be flush so somehow the rooms are configured a bit different.

Deck 17

Look how big the balcony is (17718)

Deck 18 (18182) Balcony is smaller

It has been discussed on CC, and verified, that the (2) BR Haven balconies on 17 are larger than 18 on the Bliss. On 17, they do run the length of the room, although the narrow strip that runs in front of the bedroom is not really usable space, IMO. The depth of the balcony in the area, in front of the sliding door, is welcome space.

Is the room smaller to create this extra deck space vs deck 18?

No, and I say this from an actual visual stand point and the listed square footage of the room/balcony on NCL's website.

Total Approx. Size 538 - 622 sq ft

• Balcony Size 43 - 127 sq ft

The difference in the balcony size and the room size are both 84 sq.ft.

Is the room smaller to create this extra deck space vs deck 18?

No, and I say this from an actual visual stand point and the listed square footage of the room/balcony on NCL's website.

Total Approx. Size 538 - 622 sq ft

• Balcony Size 43 - 127 sq ft

The difference in the balcony size and the room size are both 84 sq.ft.

Interesting. You know some of the deck plan sketches looked a tiny bit bigger so now I know I am not crazy. This also was like this on Epic where 2 suites were bigger than the rest.

Thanks for pointing this out.

• 2 months later...

Having just returned from a Bliss cruise in the Haven, I have an answer to the original question and a thought on balconies...

The box across the hallway from 17100 is the food preparation / service item cleaning area for the Horizon Lounge. If concerned about noise, don't be. My experience with the area is that it's quiet and the only time I heard noise from that area was when they opened the access door on the hallway between the Haven Courtyard and the Horizon Lounge. (BTW - we have booked this room for an upcoming cruise.)

On the balconies, my experience is that the ones on Deck 17 are bigger than those on Deck 18. If you look at the layout, the hallways on Deck 17 and 18 align. Outside balcony doors appear to be generally aligned. Thus, rooms appear to be about the same size on both Decks. The difference that I saw was that the balcony for Deck 18 serves as the overhead for Deck 17 -- but it does not entirely cover the balcony. The balcony on Deck 17 sticks out about 3+ feet more. I believe this is why the rooms are essentially the same size but the balconies on Deck 17 are a bit bigger.

My 2 cents.

• Like 1

Having just returned from a Bliss cruise in the Haven, I have an answer to the original question and a thought on balconies...

The box across the hallway from 17100 is the food preparation / service item cleaning area for the Horizon Lounge. If concerned about noise, don't be. My experience with the area is that it's quiet and the only time I heard noise from that area was when they opened the access door on the hallway between the Haven Courtyard and the Horizon Lounge. (BTW - we have booked this room for an upcoming cruise.)

On the balconies, my experience is that the ones on Deck 17 are bigger than those on Deck 18. If you look at the layout, the hallways on Deck 17 and 18 align. Outside balcony doors appear to be generally aligned. Thus, rooms appear to be about the same size on both Decks. The difference that I saw was that the balcony for Deck 18 serves as the overhead for Deck 17 -- but it does not entirely cover the balcony. The balcony on Deck 17 sticks out about 3+ feet more. I believe this is why the rooms are essentially the same size but the balconies on Deck 17 are a bit bigger.

My 2 cents.

Thanks for the update. Check back after your 17100 cruise. I will be curious to hear more. I picked it as not having a neighbor on one side and easy access to the Horizon Lounge. Thanks again.

• 5 months later...

I am booked in 17700 on one of their sailings. I picked it because of easy access to the

observation lounge and also we (for some reason) always book starboard cabins.

Good news that the balconies are a little bigger.

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed in 17100 on Bliss in October 2018. There was absolutely no noise from Observation Lounge or anywhere else. The is a single stall public restroom close to the suite (guess for folks in the lounge), but I never heard anyone using it. ☺

Am on the Bliss in 17100 right now.  In summary - Great room,  nice sized balcony,  no noticeable noise.  Nothing to be concerned over.

There is a door between the hallway and the Horizon Lounge, which you can pass through.  As noted, there is a bathroom in the alcove between the hallway and the Horizon Lounge (on the other side of the door) but I have not seen anyone use it .  There are no sounds you can hear from the lounge, etc.  Quiet.

From what I have experienced, no one should have any concerns selecting this room. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/1/2019 at 7:26 AM, ttechnology said:

Am on the Bliss in 17100 right now.  In summary - Great room,  nice sized balcony,  no noticeable noise.  Nothing to be concerned over.

There is a door between the hallway and the Horizon Lounge, which you can pass through.  As noted, there is a bathroom in the alcove between the hallway and the Horizon Lounge (on the other side of the door) but I have not seen anyone use it .  There are no sounds you can hear from the lounge, etc.  Quiet.

From what I have experienced, no one should have any concerns selecting this room. 

we have this suite booked for later in the year... can you please  indicate, whether or not you heard noise from the garden cafe above your room?

thanks much... truly appreciated...

1 hour ago, Always Cruising said:

Do the two bedroom Haven suites on the Joy have the same larger balconies on deck 17?  Thanks for any info!

I’m pretty sure they do. I haven’t stayed in this suite on the Joy, but in late 2020 the two bedrooms on deck 17 are renamed: The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa W/Large Balcony H5. Hope this helps.

Edited by aero777
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, txhomeschoolmom said:

we have this suite booked for later in the year... can you please  indicate, whether or not you heard noise from the garden cafe above your room?

thanks much... truly appreciated...

Mom the Garden Cafe is on deck 16 below this cabin (17100) above are other Haven cabins.

Edited by aero777

23 minutes ago, aero777 said:

Mom the Garden Cafe is on deck 16 below this cabin (17100) above are other Haven cabins.

hi aero777, that's what I get for looking at 2 deck plans from one direction, whilst typing in another direction 🤯😲 total and complete embarrassment... what I am trying to ask, is regarding noise levels from deck 18... has anyone experienced noise from deck 18 whilst staying in rooms on the 17th deck...

We are booked in a 2 bedroom on the Encore on deck 17 for December 2020.  I didn't realize until this thread that at some point between this December and next, NCL renamed the deck 17 2 bedrooms as "2 bedroom family villa with large balcony" and are charging more for those cabins.

11 minutes ago, jimandami said:

We are booked in a 2 bedroom on the Encore on deck 17 for December 2020.  I didn't realize until this thread that at some point between this December and next, NCL renamed the deck 17 2 bedrooms as "2 bedroom family villa with large balcony" and are charging more for those cabins.

Yeah that happened a good while ago.  I booked Encore in May 2018 and it was not the case then but a few months later NCL started charging for larger balconies on most ships (even some Jewel class ships).  Its another way to get every cent they can in a strategy.  The rule of thumb used to be, the higher the deck, the higher the price. Not anymore.

10 hours ago, txhomeschoolmom said:

hi aero777, that's what I get for looking at 2 deck plans from one direction, whilst typing in another direction 🤯😲 total and complete embarrassment... what I am trying to ask, is regarding noise levels from deck 18... has anyone experienced noise from deck 18 whilst staying in rooms on the 17th deck...

No need for embarrassment, we all get dizzy after staring at deck plans for hours. 

Usually having another stateroom above is quiet. 

I am on deck 17 in the Haven on the Encore. Now with the new expanded Vibe on Deck 19 and no Spice H2O

someone was saying they might have parties at night in that area. Is that true and if yes how much

noise will there be? Does Vibe usually have loud parties?

12 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

I am on deck 17 in the Haven on the Encore. Now with the new expanded Vibe on Deck 19 and no Spice H2O

someone was saying they might have parties at night in that area. Is that true and if yes how much

noise will there be? Does Vibe usually have loud parties?

Been in Vibe many times, it’s pretty quiet. Except around Shot O’Clock 🥃

Bar closes at 7.

As far as parties in the Encore Vibe, that’s pure speculation. Vibe will be on deck 19 and 20 and shouldn’t effect cabins on deck 17

Edited by aero777
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 6:42 PM, asubaru said:

Can the chair fit in the long narrow space ??