Best day ever in Juneau

kathyemma

Sailing away from Juneau after the best day ever. We rented a car from Juneau Car Rental. We walked from the cruise ship...next time we would take a cab. It was kind of a long walk (part uphill) and I would rather spend that time sightseeing. We drove to the shrine of St. Therese, spectacular!!!! We then drove down to eagle beach. Nice, but St. Therese was better. We then drove to mendenhall glacier. We walked to nugget falls and then to the photo stop. Beautiful. At this point it was about 2pm. We we're meeting Jayleen of Jayleen's Alaska at 4pm. So, we went out for pizza and a beer at Rocky and Bullwinkle's and it was perfect. Totally hit the spot. We then headed to the marina to meet Jayleen. We got there 30 minutes early but so did the other family on her charter so headed out early. Freaking amazing. We saw it all!!!! A ton of whales, orcas and sea lions!!!!! It was the best day ever!!!! We then drove back to town, dropped off the rental (took a cab back to the pier) had dinner at Tracy's Crab Shack, walked around the shops (glacier soap is amazing!) And then to red dog saloon for a beer. We are exhausted and oh so happy!!! I hope everyone enjoys Juneau as much as we did!

Kathy

Glad you enjoyed your experience with Jayleen. We have taken her whale watching tour a total of 4 times now and have not been disappointed yet. You were lucky with the Orcas. We were just there May 15th & 20th and didn't see them --- jealous of your sighting. Did you see "Flame" the whale --- she seems to appear near Jaylene's boat whenever we have gone.

Love this quick review, written while its all fresh in your mind! When you get back online, can you please tell me what hours you were in port? I'll be in Juneau in Aug 2019 but only from 7am - 1pm, trying to decide what to do with that timeframe.

Thanks!

Love this quick review, written while its all fresh in your mind! When you get back online, can you please tell me what hours you were in port? I'll be in Juneau in Aug 2019 but only from 7am - 1pm, trying to decide what to do with that timeframe.

Thanks!

We were there from 10am to 10pm. If Jayleen has an early tour book her!!!

Sailing away from Juneau after the best day ever. We rented a car from Juneau Car Rental. We walked from the cruise ship...next time we would take a cab. It was kind of a long walk (part uphill) and I would rather spend that time sightseeing. We drove to the shrine of St. Therese, spectacular!!!! We then drove down to eagle beach. Nice, but St. Therese was better. We then drove to mendenhall glacier. We walked to nugget falls and then to the photo stop. Beautiful. At this point it was about 2pm. We we're meeting Jayleen of Jayleen's Alaska at 4pm. So, we went out for pizza and a beer at Rocky and Bullwinkle's and it was perfect. Totally hit the spot. We then headed to the marina to meet Jayleen. We got there 30 minutes early but so did the other family on her charter so headed out early. Freaking amazing. We saw it all!!!! A ton of whales, orcas and sea lions!!!!! It was the best day ever!!!! We then drove back to town, dropped off the rental (took a cab back to the pier) had dinner at Tracy's Crab Shack, walked around the shops (glacier soap is amazing!) And then to red dog saloon for a beer. We are exhausted and oh so happy!!! I hope everyone enjoys Juneau as much as we did!

Kathy

Kathy thank you SO SO much for your experience! I was not sure what my husband and I were going to do in port but I know we most certainly wanted to head to the St. Terese shrine! So glad you said it was amazing. :) Thank you for all this great info! Made me very excited for our upcoming cruise.