Beverage packages...

I've tried the search bar but I'm not really finding what I'm looking for....

My husband and I will be on RCI for the first time in November. We typically sail Carnival, so this is new for us. We have a friend that bounces between the two and said that they have several options for alcoholic beverage packages, beyond what Carnival offers. I'm only seeing the Deluxe package for $45 a person, is this the only package and is it a "special" price? Usually we book the package the week before our cruise (in case we have to cancel for any reason), but if this is a temporary offer, we'll book asap instead, but I'm not sure what to expect. Also, we are sailing from Galveston, on Carnival you cannot use the package until the second day, we were told this is not the same case for RCI-can anyone confirm? Thank you in advance!

Deluxe is the most inclusive package and the only package that includes alcoholic drinks.

While in Texas waters, the drink package is honored, but the types of alcohol is limited to Texas stamped liquor, so is a small subset of what they can serve once in international waters.

your friend hasn't sailed with RCI for a few years. About 2-3 years ago they dumped all their alcohol packages except for the deluxe package. You USED to be able to buy a beer package and a wine package but not any more. RCI now only offers the deluxe package. And I've found that pre-cruise prices are cheaper than on board prices. So buy your package in advance.

Thank you both! Our friend cruised a few months ago but I guess they didn't get the drink package then.

Also: If you need to cancel, or the price goes down, you can cancel the package up til quite close to sailing and buy it again at the lower price. $45 is not bad - I've never seen it lower than $42, and on board Serenade two weeks ago it was either $57 or $55 depending on sign.

I've tried the search bar but I'm not really finding what I'm looking for....

My husband and I will be on RCI for the first time in November. We typically sail Carnival, so this is new for us. We have a friend that bounces between the two and said that they have several options for alcoholic beverage packages, beyond what Carnival offers. I'm only seeing the Deluxe package for $45 a person, is this the only package and is it a "special" price? Usually we book the package the week before our cruise (in case we have to cancel for any reason), but if this is a temporary offer, we'll book asap instead, but I'm not sure what to expect. Also, we are sailing from Galveston, on Carnival you cannot use the package until the second day, we were told this is not the same case for RCI-can anyone confirm? Thank you in advance!

the other huge difference, is there is no drink limit on Royal, unlike the 15 drinks per day on Carnival (no negative comment please). But yes, $45 pp per day is a great price and I would grab it!

And if one person in the cabin buys it, then all people in the cabin have to buy it!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

We have 2 cabins for our March 2019 sailing. I'm going to switch my wife and daughter in the cabin so I only have to buy 1 package for me. Otherwise it's just too expensive, and my wife will only drink a glass or 2 of wine a day.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Forums mobile app

We have 2 cabins for our March 2019 sailing. I'm going to switch my wife and daughter in the cabin so I only have to buy 1 package for me. Otherwise it's just too expensive, and my wife will only drink a glass or 2 of wine a day.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Forums mobile app

Smart move.I am cruising with my girlfriend in Sept and she drinks hardly anything. So called and got her the Replenish package when it was on sale and me the Booze pkg for $47 per day. I could get it for $44 per day on the ship since I am D+, but not worth the hassle. She was willing to do the Replenish pkg so I could have the Deluxe so I am good

Also: If you need to cancel, or the price goes down, you can cancel the package up til quite close to sailing and buy it again at the lower price. $45 is not bad - I've never seen it lower than $42, and on board Serenade two weeks ago it was either $57 or $55 depending on sign.

Done this many times.

The beverage package policy is ridiculous. I would like one but my husband has a medical condition and does not drink but we are require to purchase two, which is not fair. Then we were told he had to buy a regular classic beverage package which will be a waist of money because the sodas, flavor water, juices he doesn't drink either. it not fair to non- acholic drinkers or any reason that is beyond our control.

The beverage package policy is ridiculous. I would like one but my husband has a medical condition and does not drink but we are require to purchase two, which is not fair. Then we were told he had to buy a regular classic beverage package which will be a waist of money because the sodas, flavor water, juices he doesn't drink either. it not fair to non- acholic drinkers or any reason that is beyond our control.

Nobody has to get a package. You can always buy individual drinks.

Well you can thank the people that shared their drink package for that. :mad: Take a Dr's note. All they can say is no? When Royal first started this policy back they were allowing exclusions for medical and other reasons. Evidently people abused that as well and it was stopped. They may just work with you though. Again, all they can say is no :)

the other huge difference, is there is no drink limit on Royal, unlike the 15 drinks per day on Carnival (no negative comment please). But yes, $45 pp per day is a great price and I would grab it!

Carnival does have a limit at 15 but you can get anything up to $50.00 a drink whereas Royal is up to 12.00 a drink I think?

Has anyone ever tried to book the non-alcohol person a soda package first, and then later that day (or later that week, or whenever- just as a separate transaction done after the first one), tried to buy the alcohol package? If so, does it stop you from doing it and give you a message that says the soda person must upgrade first? Does the software even notice that the other passenger already has a package, or does it force you to buy (or upgrade) the other one? Just wondering since everyone always says they have to purchase a replenish for the other passenger, but nobody ever talks about what happens if the other passenger already bought a non-alcohol package beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have to call to buy just one Deluxe package and the other over 21 people in the room have to have the Refreshment Package.

Be sure that they get the names right. I had already bought mine and my mom’s Refreshment package and called later to add huuby’s deluxe package and the RC person add it to my mom so that Mom had 2 drink packages and hubby still had 0 [emoji849]. I didn’t think to be stupidly specific bc he was the only one without a drink package and surely they can’t assign 2 packages to 1 person! (They can!). I realized it weeks later and had to call back and the only way to “fix it” was refund the Deluxe package and resell it to me. By that time the price had changed and they “swore” they couldn’t give me the other price. It worked out in the end but it would have been easier if I’d paid better attention the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums