Anyone missed their tour/time slot at Titanic Museum Belfast? What happens if...

Looking at booking ahead for the Titanic Museum Belfast. Refunds are not guaranteed if the ship doesn't dock or is running late. The Terms & Conditions state that refunds or entrance, once late for pre-booked time slot, are "not guaranteed except at the absolute discretion of TBL International Group". So has this happened to anyone and what was the result? Did they give you a refund or let you in if you arrived late for you pre-booked time slot? Purchasing for four and that's a lot of money to lose if something happens.

Thanks!

Glynda

You can buy tickets at the museum ticket office. Why don't you just buy them when you get there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The tickets are 'timed', so I guess the possibility exists that if you wait till you are there, you may not be able to get in at that time if all the tickets for that time slot have been bought. Many of us are trying to do as much as possible in each port, so could be a disappointment if we had to come back at another time.

I really don't think that is going to happen. I go to timed, busy exhibitions frequently in London in world renowned museums and have never been refused or told to wait. I almost always buy my ticket on the day I want to go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were there on Saturday and there were no queues at the ticket office. We arrived half an hour early for our time slot but went straight through. We only booked online the evening before and all slots were available. My parents visited off a cruise ship last year and just showed up and got tickets without a queue. Maybe you can just book them a few days in advance when your plans are clearer.

The tickets are 'timed', so I guess the possibility exists that if you wait till you are there, you may not be able to get in at that time if all the tickets for that time slot have been bought. Many of us are trying to do as much as possible in each port, so could be a disappointment if we had to come back at another time.

Thank you for understanding!

I really appreciate each of you who took the time to reply. My question goes unanswered though. I was hoping to hear what happened from someone who had pre-booked and needed to cancel or was late to their time slot. I have pre-booked the Titanic Museum for right after our arrival.

We have been to London around 12 times. I have seen lines in London and at Windsor Castle that were very long and was thankful that we pre-booked. Others, like Kensington Palace's Diana exhibition, The Harry Potter studios, Buckingham Palace State Rooms and Garden, and theaters were unavailable months ahead of our dates. I rechecked often and upon arrival. No luck. While I realize that the Titanic Museum in Belfast probably isn't as popular, I prefer to be sure. Our husbands are seriously interested in all things Titanic.

Glynda

I have read through their terms and conditions and they say that if you are late for your slot, they will try to book you in for a later one, but that of course if all later slots for that day are booked, then you are out of luck. That seems to me to be all you could hope for.

They also say they are non-refundable except at their discretion. So if the ship fails to port, your best bet would be to send a very polite, begging email for a refund.

Anyway, it is booked now, so just keep your fingers crossed! I don’t think Belfast is a port which is often missed.

The lady at the entrance didn't even look at the times on our tickets when we went through early and it was me that anxiously asked if it was ok to be half an hour before our time slot so hopefully they don't pay much attention if it goes the other way either.

We took 3.5 -4 hours to go round so if your partners are Titanic enthusiasts and don't want to miss anything I would allow that and then the area outside is very well done (that time did include a half hour wait for the ride).

Have you booked an early slot? I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem arriving a bit late for that as its later that it really fills up.

We took 3.5 -4 hours to go round so if your partners are Titanic enthusiasts and don't want to miss anything I would allow that and then the area outside is very well done (that time did include a half hour wait for the ride).

Have you booked an early slot? I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem arriving a bit late for that as its later that it really fills up.

Yikes, we are booked for 5pm, 2 hours before it closes. I thought that would give us plenty of time.

Glynda, from what everyone has said, they are never 'booked' solid, so I would imagine you will be welcomed even if late/early. So your only concern would be if you missed the port for some reason, and I don't hear about that happening very often.

Have fun!!!

Well we do like to get our money's worth and we weren't in a rush. You can probably wizz round the first displays much faster but we found them interesting on the history of Belfast and at 5pm you hopefully won't have the queue for the ride that we had. But do try to make time for the Nomadic, we spent another 45 mins on her but that was partly enjoying the unusual sunshine, can be done in half the time.

London Towner,

yes, we enjoyed the Titanic museum very much, it's very well done and informative.We played the extra to do the Pump House and that gives entrance to the Dry dock. Basically a dry dock but gives you an idea of the scale, as does the slipway which is marked out with the promenade deck. We were in Belfast for 2 days visiting daughter who is at Queens university and we liked the city very much.

I have read through their terms and conditions and they say that if you are late for your slot, they will try to book you in for a later one, but that of course if all later slots for that day are booked, then you are out of luck. That seems to me to be all you could hope for.

They also say they are non-refundable except at their discretion. So if the ship fails to port, your best bet would be to send a very polite, begging email for a refund.

Anyway, it is booked now, so just keep your fingers crossed! I don’t think Belfast is a port which is often missed.

Thank you for looking that up for me. I had read it thoroughly and mentioned it in my OP. Just hoped to find a person, who had shown up late or not at all that had pre-booked, to hear of their experience. However, after reading all the replies, I have become assured that it is unlikely that we will have a problem. Thanks everyone for your replies. If you are going, enjoy! :)

Glynda

Well we do like to get our money's worth and we weren't in a rush. You can probably wizz round the first displays much faster but we found them interesting on the history of Belfast and at 5pm you hopefully won't have the queue for the ride that we had. But do try to make time for the Nomadic, we spent another 45 mins on her but that was partly enjoying the unusual sunshine, can be done in half the time.

Is the Nomadic within walking distance of the Museum?