Long delays at Amsterdam Schiphol airport?

just back from AMS on July 28th

the traffic going into the airport was very busy at 9am but once in & got checked in the rest was pretty quick

they are very efficient

you scan your passport in a machine do security & off you go

Our flight was delayed 2hrs so off to the lounge before going to the gate

the airport is very big so if you have mobility issues get assistance of a wheelchair

I am sure I lost most of the cruise weight just walking in the airports ;)

Oh boy, another thing to worry over. I hate flying anyways, but know that is the only way I can cruise, we are flying Delta too and waiting in long lines is not pleasant for husband. We are retired and if we miss our flight we won't be late for work or anything, just less time to play with our dog when we get home.

Thanks for all the information, I believe that with internet we will be able to check in from the ship?

Oh boy, another thing to worry over. I hate flying anyways, but know that is the only way I can cruise, we are flying Delta too and waiting in long lines is not pleasant for husband. We are retired and if we miss our flight we won't be late for work or anything, just less time to play with our dog when we get home.

Thanks for all the information, I believe that with internet we will be able to check in from the ship?

In case your husband has problems with standing for a long time or walking a lonmger distance why not check with the airline now and arrange a wheelchair for him? This must be done a few days before you need it.

The good news is that Monday it was the busiest day of the year at Amsterdam airport. Yes lines were long but all went rather smooth.